Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ive been pretty static over the last 18 months in regards to acquisitions and recently was able to unload my Maranez Bangla Brass to help pay for my recent Steinhart OVM1. My watchbox has gone through some changes, most notably I just have 2 Seiko's left out of an 5. Sold off a TAG F1 last year, sold a Magrette Regattarre 2011 this past August. You'd think I would have a decent chunk of cash to play with but life doesn't always work that way. Watchbox changes, I think, can reflect life changes. I just turned 50 so there is some reflection going on and most of my watchbox has gotten pretty boring. My Sumo on Yobokies Anvil gets only rare play. My TAG Aquaracer only goes out on special occasions and can't seem to get rid of it. My Seiko SKXA33 is beat to crap and is beyond any help, unless I spend cash on a sapphire crystal and have the whole thing blasted.

My Magrette MPP Blue however, two words "strap changes", keeps me smiling. The blue dial is, well, blue and it just pops. The cushion case is classic, the turned down lugs work well with my 6.5" wrist. My daughter says it's a manly watch. Of all my watches this one has found a way to earn its keep.

·
Banned
754 Posts
I love that watch. Don't own just cus I have a Moray Seafoam but if I didn't, I would get that beauty ASAP.
I can't believe how many people choose not to get the bracelet. I'm glad you did. Looks like you have 8 different watches right there. Awesome ! That canvas is calling my name and the bloody red one next to it. Wow !

·
Super Moderator
10,664 Posts
Those do seem like such great watches Fog ! There's just a real excitement, or energy with them. You've got that hypnotic dial color, along with set-up. Plus that epic case, as well as all of those straps, and bracelets. Actually is a collection all by itself !!! :smileyface_hand_cla Totally can see how this one is so versatile. It's just an awesome, and ridiculously fun watch !

Don't think you'll ever get tired of it ! :)

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Real nice set of toys you've got there!! Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts