Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

From Titanic DNA to moon dust DNA. Yet another unattainable piece...but I love the presentation.

Blackened steel and Gold variations. I'm pretty sure we're well into the six-figures here.

We have all stared in wonder at the majestic celestial luminary with its soft glow that lights up the night. In turn reddish or ochre-coloured, radiantly bright or draped in black, the Moon takes on an infinite variety of fascinating hues and gentle nuances. When bathed in the light of the sun, its austere stone-grey appearance is replaced by a softly rosy chestnut brown tinge.
In order to reflect these subtle shades, the Romain Jerome watchmakers have for once adopted a revolutionary procedure from the world of art, by applying a mineral coating comprising authentic Moon Dust combined with natural pigments. This patented technique gives to the dial a multitude of natural and fine shades.

Moon Dust deposit We have all stared in wonder at the majestic celestial luminary with its soft glow that lights up the night. In turn reddish or ochre-coloured, radiantly bright or draped in black, the Moon takes on an infinite variety of fascinating hues and gentle nuances. When bathed in the light of the sun, its austere stone-grey appearance is replaced by a softly rosy chestnut brown tinge.
In order to reflect these subtle shades, the Romain Jerome watchmakers have for once adopted a revolutionary procedure from the world of art, by applying a mineral coating comprising authentic Moon Dust combined with natural pigments. This patented technique gives to the dial a multitude of natural and fine shades.

Functions:
Time Only
Case:
Blackened Steel, Bezel created from Carbon fibres evoke solar panels of spacecraft – titanium and steel comprising fragments from the Apollo XI spacecraft
CaseBack:
N/A
Bracelet:
Alligator leather partly woven with fibres from an ISS spacesuit
Crown:
Designed as space tools
Dial: Mineral structure containing Moon Dust
Subdial:
Sweep seconds at 9 o'clock
Hand Indicators:
Hands inspired by solar panels of spacecraft
Hour Markers:
N/A
Crystal:
Sapphire
Movement:
C22RJ51 Automatic Winding movement, 28,800 vibrations per hour, 23 jewels and Power Reserve of 42 hours
DateCalendar:
N/A
Case Width:
46mm

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Great post TK...I love this brand and what they do to watches...Very different and very interesting...prices are crazy but hey how many people can say they have some moon dust in their watch?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

How exactly do they have "moon dust" at all?
Is one of the owners Neil Armstrong, lol

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

No one has explained to me HOW they have any moon dust in the first place?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

It isnt the moon dust your are thinking of James, this is a new designer PCP instead of Angel Dust this is a higher powered version?:b

TVDinner wrote:

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
This is what I found James...Moon Dust-DNA collaboration between the American and Soviet superpowers, whose main aim was to reach the Moon.So basically they must have greased the russians and Americans to make this happen..:b

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Isn't the AIR around us basically "moon dust"?
Maybe they assemble these outside at night and only during a full moon and then the air around them is filled with "moon dust"? lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.