Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Now maybe pete might listen to an offer, but why would he leave the Gig he has right now for the bags? Not sayin I am right I am just sayin!

thunderingpants wrote:
This just in, Seattle is looking at Pete Carroll to replace Mora. Hmmm, Paul Allen has deep pockets, maybe it will happen.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

If I was Pete Carroll I would not leave the gig he has for anything less then one of the real glory teams in the NFL (like Dallas, Pittsburgh, the Giants, etc) Seattle is not one of those positions in my opinion.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Yeah, I have a hard time believing that he would leave USC right now. They will be good again next year and he could push them to the title. Moving to Seattle will be alot of rebuilding with little chance for success early, they need a new QB really bad and thats just the start. All of the guys that led them to the SB a few years ago are getting old.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Hmmm....Pete Carroll....NFL, sounds familiar.:%:%:%
If I recall it wasn't a whole lot-o-fun for anyone.

Not sure what we're doing, listening to the local sports radio all day and nothing specific. Never understood why we hired Mora to begin with (actually most fans up here never understood it).

Oh well..........

CJ

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

CJ,

Three words:

John Madden 2010

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I agree with you cats. He's the king of L.A. He makes about 4.5 a year, he doesn't even have to spend the money he makes. The school picks up the crib and local dealerships gives him cars. Why leave? Well, maybe he'll bolt before possible sanctions come down for the Reggie Bush and Joe McKnight fiascos. Corp is tranferring to Richmond, McKnight is going to play on Sundays, Taylor Mays can't avoid the NFL draft this year and their defense wasn't very good even with him in the lineup. Can't imagine it'll be much better next year. Seattle will throw an ass-load of cash at him plus control of personnel. The very thing that makes him as successful as he has been...ego. He wants to "make it" as an NFL coach. Like Rip said...not sayin' I'm right...just sayin'

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

I would think that the Seatle ownership knows who they will hire. It makes no sense to fire a head coach after only one season. ....Bob

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

NO WAY .... what a mistake for Carroll I think if this ends up being true.....

Saturday, January 9, 2010
Sources: Seahawks hire USC's Carroll
By Adam Schefter
ESPN

Pete Carroll has reached agreement with the Seahawks on a deal to be their next head coach, multiple NFL sources confirmed early Saturday morning.

Carroll was fully expected to be introduced by the Seahawks as early as Monday, assuming they comply with the Rooney Rule this weekend.

The hangup could be locating a candidate to interview that would put the Seahawks in compliance with the rule, which requires teams to interview a minority candidate for head-coaching hires.

On Friday, Jim Mora became the first Seahawks coach to be let go after one season.

Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier could agree to interview, but he is unwilling to do so if Carroll has been promised full control of the Seahawks -- and multiple sources say he has.

Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke told Frazier that Carroll definitely does not have Seattle's job.

Miller on USC

Why would Carroll leave USC for Seattle, a franchise that has been sagging since a Super Bowl appearance in 2006? ESPN.com Pac-10 blogger Ted Miller looks at potential reasons. Blog

Believing Leiweke, Frazier will interview for the Seahawks head coach job Saturday morning.

Seattle also contacted the agent for Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, but as of Saturday morning nothing had been set up.

But the bottom line is, Carroll's agreement with Seattle is "100 percent done," one NFL source close to the situation said.

In a text message to ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Friday, Carroll said, "You know I haven't responded to a NFL question in two years."

But a league source told Mortensen that Carroll was trying to persuade USC offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates to join him in Seattle -- as opposed to Bates pursuing the same position with the Chicago Bears.

Mora attended a meeting Friday morning with management, at which time he was told by Leiweke, the Seahawks' CEO, that he did not win enough games to save his job.

Sando on Mora

ESPN.com NFC West blogger Mike Sando has thoughts, analysis and more on the firing of Seattle coach Jim Mora. Story

The Seahawks ended the season on a four-game losing streak to finish 5-11.

Mora was shocked by his dismissal, believing that when he was called to Leiweke's office that he would be in a discussion about the team's vacant general manager's job, Seahawks sources told Mortensen.

"This team, more importantly this community, means so much to me that it hurts not being able to see this through," Mora said in a team-issued statement. "I am disappointed I did not get the chance to complete my contract. This is a tough business that sometimes demands immediate gratification."

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen was used in this report.

ESPN.com: Help | PR Media Kit | Sales Media Kit | Report a Bug | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Mobile | ESPN Shop | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information
©2009 ESPN Internet Ventures. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Well 7 million a year, and total control of all player ops would be the reason I guess. Here is the problem with this particular scenario, A coach with this power has never taken a team to the promise land on a regular basis! Thats a lot of Money, and after doing some reading, he is potentially loosing his strong hold in SC!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Well 7 million a year, and total control of all player ops would be the reason I guess. Here is the problem with this particular scenario, A coach with this power has never taken a team to the promise land on a regular basis! Thats a lot of Money, and after doing some reading, he is potentially loosing his strong hold in SC!
I've been wondering how much his decision to leave USC had anything to do with his "status" and power being diminished in anyway there. He's shown himself to be a great coach . . . I'm wondering if the teams performance this year has any impact?

It will be interesting to see how things pan out in 2010.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.