Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive my ignorance if this has been asked before. I've had a Mini monster for a few months now and my wife has seen a monster she wants to buy me. Having never held a monster what are the differences between the two?
I've seen a vid on you tube that shows the winder at 4 instead of 3 but I couldn't tell if the case sizes were different.

Thanks in advance,
Nikki.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Very similar watches at first glance, but there are several differences....different case and case size. Monster is 42mm with crown at 4 o'clock. Baby Monster is 41mm with crown at 3 o'clock....with larger crown guards. Bezel Design is also different, from each other, on both. Lug design and bracelet integration to the case is different on both

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Very similar watches at first glance, but there are several differences....different case and case size. Monster is 42mm with crown at 4 o'clock. Baby Monster is 41mm with crown at 3 o'clock....with larger crown guards. Bezel Design is also different, from each other, on both. Lug design and bracelet integration to the case is different on both
MONSTER is a REAL DIVER WR200mtr screw down crown...let wifey do you a monster

my choice over a "Seiko 5"

2 gens of MONSTER

1st GEN $168 +- on AMAZON

2nd GEN SHARK TOOTH MARKERS...more accurate engine...only $20 more

me likee both MONSTER generations mucho

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
The normal monster is an ISO rated 200m diver. Where as the mini-monster is more of a sport watch with 100m water resistance.

Bezel has a different aesthetic

Normal monster has screwdown crown. Mini does not.

From what I've heard, the ISO rated monsters have better bezel action than the minis.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just some friendly advice. I would recommend the Black Monster over the Orange Monster. I know I am going to get bashed for saying that as the Orange seems to be a lot more popular and somewhat of a watch cult classic. I personally just found that the Orange Monster never matched anything I was wearing. As cool as I thought it was, I got rid of it because it was never finding its way on my wrist. Got the Black on instead and have never looked back. Just my advice.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Get the 2nd Gen Monster. Better movement, nicer details in the dial with still excellent lume, new crown, and much better feel all around compared to the bay/mini/neo monsters.

Also, size wise they are a shade over 43mm in reality minus the crown.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Nikki:
Perhaps our more learned pards can correct me.
I own both the Gen 1 Monster and the Baby monster.
The Monster has the 7S26 21 jeweled movement,
the Baby Monster (mine is a SNZF47) has the 7S36, 24
jeweled movement. Neither are hackable or windable.
Otherthan those stats, little differece IMO.

X traindriver Art

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Nikki:
Perhaps our more learned pards can correct me.
I own both the Gen 1 Monster and the Baby monster.
The Monster has the 7S26 21 jeweled movement,
the Baby Monster (mine is a SNZF47) has the 7S36, 24
jeweled movement. Neither are hackable or windable.
Otherthan those stats, little differece IMO.

X traindriver Art
Correct, but the Gen 2 Monster has the hacking/hand-winding 4R36 movement. A fantastic update to the 7S16 IMHO.

·
Banned
754 Posts
I have both and love them both. Prefer the Baby Monster (orange) by a little bit only the original black monster is one of my go-to beaters on NATO and prefer the Baby Monster on bracelet.
The baby monster is slightly bigger than original. But the Ice Snow Monster I had was even slightly bigger than the orange and had the hacking and winding movement, 4r36 I think. It surprised me cus I assumed it was same size as the orange Baby Monster.

Bought the Ice Snow from Long Island watches for $159, the orange mini for $115 preowned and the original black monster came on trade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts