Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
The Swiss have never been very good at writing things in their local languages on watches, so I would not be surprised if it says Shock Absorber. You'll notice that the barrel has the same thing written on it.

In theory, Stossgesichert would be the more common term used by the Swiss. But who knows back then. Maybe the Germans used Bruchsicher (research online seems WW2 german watches used that term, not Swiss).

If it is indeed from WW2, note that Swiss watches were in high demand on both sides. Watches that may have been ordered/produced for the UK could have been re-purposed for Germany. No one cared, they just wanted the watches.

I have found one on Ebay where the face looks identical to yours: Vintage Moeris German Military Watch WW2 wehrmacht dienstuhr 2Wk militaruhr | eBay

·
Super Moderator
9,361 Posts
Sounds like FBPB has you covered John. (y) Either way you slice
it, the watch is extremely nice, and looks amazing ! Think it's so cool,
as well as incredibly interesting to see, along with learn about also.

Thanks a lot for the look, along with link !

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I've recently bought a vintage WWII German military watch on the auction. And later noticed strange thing, at the back it has DH printed letters what confirms this is military watch (you may read more here ), however on the front side it has phrase "shock absorber" instead of "bruchsicher", what makes me think that only back side its from Germany military watch, and front side is from some other country. Google does not show much details, appreciate any knowledge share.
View attachment 129433
View attachment 129434
View attachment 129435
View attachment 129436
Can you tell us what battery is in it :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts