Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Got my MM homage from Getat today. Took about 3 weeks between assembly and shipping so it wasn't a bad wait time at all considering it came from Hong Kong and I hear the guy is mad busy with orders. It was packed well - the case and buckle were plastic wrapped and came in a black watch box with cushion. The case (44mm) seems to be very well made and sturdy with an exhibition caseback. It came with one heckuva thick real leather strap that is very comfortable for its size. You know its real leather when it smells good. lol. It seems to keep good time so far as I've only had it for less than a day. This is my first manual winding movement so I have to get used to that. The lume is nice and bright (this is a new Superlume they offer) but does not last all that long. The only issue I have with the whole piece is with the strap - it is too thick for the length of the lugs and in the beginning the strap rubbed against the case which caused some of the wood brown finish to come off and cause some discoloration and gouging as you can see in the pics. Since taking these pics it has loosened up and I have rubbed a tiny amount of oil into these spots and the color is back to an almost perfect match. I was going to send them an email about it but then I was like nah - I'll probably get a couple different straps for it anyways and the problem isnt all that bad. Besides that, I am very satisfied with it for the price I paid (under a Benjamin), I think it looks great on the wrist and I am very satisfied with the company. So, enough of me blabbing - heres some pix:

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

hi mikey, that is a very good looking timepiece. remember to wind it once in a while. i usually try towind, my wind up watches, at least once a month. i heard it has something to do with keeping the oil on all the movement parts. congrats and enjoy your new watch. wear it in good health. ....bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts