24 jewels timed to three positions too.

Have a look...

Link to Timezone, and MKII for you...

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=7624760&rid=0#msg_7624760

https://www.mkiiwatches.com/

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I wouldn't give this flim-flam outfit a dime of my money. The Yao clown has been promising his "Project 300" watch since 2011, and still is giving updates of the handsets to continue to smooze the rubes who put down money on pre-orders for them.

Borealus already came out with a version of this watch at about 1/4 the price and the bloom has already left that lilly.

·
Super Moderator
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't give this flim-flam outfit a dime of my money. The Yao clown has been promising his "Project 300" watch since 2011, and still is giving updates of the handsets to continue to smooch the rubes who put down money on pre-orders for them.

Borealus already came out with a version of this watch at about 1/4 the price and the bloom has already left that lilly.

Yowza, didn't actually know about any of this Chaz. Just had seen these,
and thought they were nice, and also had a pretty good price. But thanks
a lot for the insight, along with your opinion. Really appreciate it sir ! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Yowza, didn't actually know about any of this Chaz. Just had seen these,
and thought they were nice, and also had a pretty good price. But thanks
a lot for the insight, along with your opinion. Really appreciate it sir ! :thumb:
Over $400 with an uninspiring looking watch with a Vanilla Seiko movement, just another flim flam move by huckster Yao, making the Rubes think he actually had one iota of the manufacture of this watch.

This clowns schtik is to dream up some rip off Homage of a vintage model Rolex or Omega, give a spin that somehow the model he is coming out with is actually any better than the myriad of other microbrands versions which cost about 1/3rd the prices he charges. For about the same price he wants for this watch you can purchase a true classic, the Seiko Alpinist which is infinitely sharper-looking has a date complication and uses the same exact movement!

He then has limited runs of these watches to artificially jack up the prices to sell to his Kool-Aid drinkers.

His marketing model is "Scam the Rubes". He's pretty successful at it too, with a whole sub-thread of his buffoonery on Watchuseek, he has gaggles of salivating fan-boy drones just waiting for their Project 300 watches, which after 8 years has still to have a single watch delivered.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Looking at just the watch itself, I like it. Very few manufacturers take advantage of TMI's NE series movements. These movements are their top of the line NH upgrade running at 28,800 bph with a 45 hour power reserve. That is, except the one they chose to use in this watch which runs at 21,600 bph but has a 50 hour power reserve. I have one of the 28,800 bph movements in an Invicta model #1766 Ocean Predator. It is by far my favorite Invicta.
The MKII is a simple field watch. The kind of watch I like. With a brushed case finish, sapphire crystal, drilled lugs and nice cool blue lume. Of course the NATO would have to go. But otherwise, a pretty nice piece. However, for more than half the price. I'd take this Invicta.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts