Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I had lunch with Arnie today in downtown Raleigh. We went to a new German restaurant which had really good food. We basically hung out, looked at a bunch of watches we had with us and on, and had a great time.

Was 2 awesome hours of talking with watch royalty - Arnie!!!! The man knows his watches!!!!

Here are a few pics

Moore Square park across the street, one of the only remaining parks downtown.

Historic City Market area - all shops and restaurants where we ate.

Arnie was wearing his awesome 55mm Invicta COSC Automatic. I had never seen one of these before and it is an awesome and huge watch!

I was wearing my new black Seiko 5 diver that I have posted pictures of in another thread a few weeks ago. I also had my new all black Stuhrling Chrono with me and Arnie had about 5 other watches. It was great!

And then - out of the clear blue Arnie did something AMAZING!!! As I was checking out the watches he had brought with him he asked me to try one on that I had never seen before. It was an automatic Invicta Corduba in a shape, size, and case I had personally never seen before (model 4495). It has a cool red exhibition back with a really neat case design on both sides - again that I had never seen before but liked A LOT. I tried it on and LOVED the look, weight (very heavy case), size, and smooth movement. The bezel is a unique stainless steel ring that has a swirl pattern in it. It also has a black patterned dial that creates some incredible light reflection. Very nice techno fiber strap. At 51mm (including crown) this was a Corduba model that I had never seen before.

And then - HE GAVE IT TO ME. I was speechless at his generosity and just amazing gesture. Getting to know Arnie (and his wife) over the past few months, I can say with 100% certainty that he is most giving, caring, and nice person I have ever met. He does so much for people he barely knows and never asks for 1 ounce or credit or recognition. I was honestly touched, and still am. I just dont know what to say as it is such a nice watch.

Here are some pictures of the watch. THANK YOU AGAIN ARNIE!

Stock photo

Looking forward to the next time Arnie and I get together!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
what were you wearing?? is that the Seiko 5 you traded me for?? LOL
It sure was! I posted above that I was wearing the Seiko 5 Diver!

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

Wow, that red caseback is just flat-out cool, but not as cool as Arnie for giving it or you for being so apprec iative and doing such a great writeup! Another good day in Freekville ;-D

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you two had good fun! :)

WOW . . . what a cool gift you received! Way to go, Arnie!

BTW: I love Arnie's Admiral. I owned one until earlier this year and it was an incredibly accurate watch! I commented (with pics) in your other thread on the watch).

Thanks for sharing your mini-GGT with us!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Everything about this was very cool. Just the get together would have been the highlight of any ordinary day. And then to get a gift like that, very generous. James, wear is well and pay it forward. Arnie, wishing you good karma.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Hey guys. Yea that's the second time that we have gotten together in Raleigh, but certainly not the last. We also hung out atthe Philly GGT as well. James is high energy and great company...... and he knows his watches too!

I didn't really want to give James that time piece, but he started to cry so hard that I........... well you understand.:%:%:c:c

Besides, it looks so much better on his wrist than it did mine!

Always enjoy your company James. Look forward to our next "Mini Gathering".

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

WOW sounds like you both had a very good time. That Arnie is a very stand up guy!!!! Kudos to you Big "A"!!!! And congrats to you James for being gifted such a nice piece. Here's to many more!!!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

"FREEK LOVE"

hahahahahaha

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

sounds like you guys had fun. real nice gift.

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a great time. Way to go Arnie! Nice gesture.

I'm just wondering what the guy at the table behind you was thinking? Did you walk up to him wearing a trench coat, open it and say "Pst...hey mister. Wanna buy a watch?"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.