Watch Freeks banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
imported post

I'm supposed to go over my sister's for dinner today. But one of the high voltage lines running down the street is down right in front of the house.

We have the lines for two different electric companies running down the street mine are OK, so far. It's the other ones that are down.

Big, big wind today with rain.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

djpop wrote:
How long do you think it will take them to come out an fix it?
No idea. The Police and Fire Departments have the street blocked off until the electric company comes.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

That can be very scary and dangerous. I hope all is OK and they get it under control fast.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
That can be very scary and dangerous. I hope all is OK and they get it under control fast.
No worries.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Thanks.

Goes to show what an adventure life can be no matter where you are.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Frikkin Hairy!! Dude, do not try and splice into it no matter how tempting the "free electricity" might seem!!!:BE:%

Be careful TC!

CJ
The lines are actually laying over my telephone line. So, if you hear a loud pop, it's just my wireless router exploding. :b

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi Toe, please stay safe until the problem is solved. Electricity scares me and wet pavement probably will make matters worst. Try and have a happy Holiday untill the down line is fixed. ....Bob

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

The electric company came and fixed everything. They had to rewire half the neighborhood on the otherside of the street (lines were down at the end of the street, too.

All is well once again.

And I did make it to my Christmas dinnr (twenty minutes late). :b

Merry Christmas to all.

T.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Great to hear you made it!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.