Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone !

In which section of the forum can we post our history and our watches ?
We have just completed 4 models and we would like to have some comments from you

Thank you !
Bye

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Maybe PM a moderator, they will help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mechatime T-Pulley

Thank you Andrema !

We are proud to present our project on this Forum
Few years ago, a my old friend and me start to build prototypes of watches, starting from the idea of enhancing mechanical parts, turning them into timepieces.
Each wristwatch is unique, as it is built in a traditional way, using CNC centers, lathes, milling machines and traditional drills.
The watch cases are always obtained from the processing of a single block of material, whether it is made of stainless steel, aerospace aluminum, titanium or any other material used.
The same procedure is used for the construction of the ferrules and the bottoms, which are polished / satin-finished by hand.

We would like to present you our first watch: the T- PULLEY:

Case and Bottom made in Titanium
Movement: ETA 2824-2
Dial cut by means of Laser
Tested at 10 ATM
Glass diameter: 30 mm
Case diameter : 44mm
Thickness: 11,5 mm

We would like to recive your comments/ideas/opinions.
What do you think about our T-PULLEY ?

Bye !

·
Banned
754 Posts
Welcome to Watchfreeks!

I hope you sell out really fast when these are available.

Since you are asking for opinions or ideas, I have to say that I'm a huge case sides lover. Some watches I've bought mainly because of the case sides. Here's an example of one of them that I love:

With that said, what you've created looks great, except for the case sides. If you could bring the "columns" or whatever they're called, in closer to the case, I think you'd create a more beautiful watch. The current case sides design turns me off a lot. Feels kinda "toyish" or "weaponish".

I would prefer a date wheel that's all black with white numerals on the black dial version and I really think that green canvas looks great on black dials. I really like the 4 o' clock crown, size and overall idea, including the drilled lug holes.

I'd scratch the rubber straps idea out and switch the green canvas for black dial and blue canvas for white dial. (Canvas or cordura)

I wonder how it would look if one of the bezel hour markers had an M or was bigger or had a triangle or something to represent Zero or 60 ?

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Luis Alfonso,

Firts of all thank you very much for your comments ! Really appreciated.

Did you build the beautifull watch in the photo that you posted ???
It's really fantistic !
Can you share more pictures ?

Bye!

·
Banned
754 Posts

I only wish I could take credit for building this watch. It's actually based of a Nauticfish diver that I've always loved but this one costs much less. It's a Xerfa BSB 1000M Diver ETA 2836-2.

·
Registered
233 Posts
welcome and thanks for sharing. I like the blue one. No opinion yet on design. Need to read what others say and see if I agree or not. So for so great I would say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Luis
I saw the web-site of Xerfa and I found "designed in Spain", but I do not think that these watches are made one by one...
In any case I like very mcuh this model.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Watch BOLT-40

Hello everyone !

Today we would like to present you our second watch: the BOLT:

Case and Bottom made in AISI 316
Dial cut by means of Laser
Tested at 10 ATM
Glass diameter: 31 mm
Case: hexagon of 40 mm
Thickness: 11 mm

We will wait to receive your comments !

·
Registered
173 Posts
mechatime-

Welcome to the forum ! I am sure you will find many members willing to share their opinions and ideas regarding your "prototipo orologio" ! Personally, I am a chronometer lover but you will find many who love and appreciate the "diver" look and style of watches that are so popular today. I like the look and operation of the crown at 3:00 position with the day/date features there as well.

I really think your BOLT-40 model is classically handsome in its initial design and the name "BOLT" follows through well with the octagonal shaped case, crown and central dial cut out design theme. At first glance I think the crown could benefit from some kind of machined or cut design to aid in turning and improved "traction" when adjusting.
Superluminova on the hour and minute hands as well as the hour numbers, dot markers and perhaps indices would be a real plus as this feature is hugely popular in todays watches. I like the seconds hand in green but also I think the BOLT could benefit with the hand in orange, red or yellow and another matching feature to tie it together such as the stitching in the band in the same color as the seconds hand. A yellow seconds hand with yellow stitching on the black band (ZULU type band with 2 offset stripes in yellow) would be MOLTO BELLA and IMPRESSIONANTE!!!!

Great work and thanks for sharing your designs with us. Certainly there will be more feedback to come...you certainly came to the right place to put your finger on the heart beat of the watch hobby, ciao !!:smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Chronomaster, and thanks for your comments !

We dicided to build an exagonal watch, also because there are a lot of octagonal watches, but if you search fdor an hexagonal, you will find few models (compared with octagonals)
Moreover a bolt/nut hes 6 sides (hexagonal)

I also like the cronometers, but before to build one of them... we have to sweat a lot... ... ...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi! Interesting designs. I wouldn't wear them but love seeing new watches which are not Sub copies or Fullswing divers. Where are your watches made? Who makes them? I'd love to see pics or footage of your workshop and watchmakers getting busy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Watches Mechatime: made in Italy

Hi Jason

Our watches are made by us in our small workshop, using drilling machine, lathe and a small CNC, you can see the photos.

We build the mechanical parts; the movement is ETA (from Swiss). When the parts are ready, the watches are assembled by an our friend that is a watchmaker with 25 years of experience.

We have built less than 10 pieces, so you can not see watchmakers getting busy.. ... ... We hope in future !

Bye !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MECHATIME - SEEGER

Hello everyone !

Today we would like to present you our third (and last) watch: the SEEGER:

Bottom made in AISI 316
Case made in ERGAL (aluminium 7075) with black nickel plating
Dial in carbon fiber
Tested at 10 ATM
Glass diameter: 30 mm
Case: diameter 40 mm
Thickness: 11,5 mm

Write us your comments !

·
Super Moderator
10,619 Posts
Oh man, these are something to see MT ! :clapping-hands-abov

Welcome, and thanks very much for taking the time to sign up, and show us these incredible creations. Love how you guys are creating something completely new here, and evidently wanted to push the limits with what you could come up with. It's amazing really, and you did an excellent job. :)

I mean when do we ever see case shapes like this, or dials, bezels, or crowns like this for that matter?! It's like you've created an entirely new category of watches with what you have done here. So so impressive !

Thanks once again for the great look at all of these !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi AtomicTom !

your compliments are greatly appreciated and we thank you very much for them ! :smile-thumb2:

We would like to receive some feedbacks to know which is the more appreciated model: BOLT, T-PULLEY or SEEGER ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts