Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you watched this fight tonight?

It was very exciting I do have to say. I called it out from round 1 that Mayweather was going to win. However, I do feel that Pacman should have won. I feel he did a better fight and made some better punches and had Mayweather in the corner a lot more.

Not too sure how you guys feel or what your input is.

·
5,059 Posts
Mayweather is from my home town so needless to say,he's the favorite here! Missed tonight's fight but like everyone here,we expected him to win. :smileyface_hand_cla

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I watched the fight and wish I spent the $90 on a custom strap instead.

Just another over marketed event and hyped beyond imagination and I wasn't surprised at the result or lack of action. Hell both of the boxers knew they get paid no matter what. They're happy.

·
Registered
414 Posts

Just another over marketed event and hyped beyond imagination and I wasn't surprised at the result or lack of action. Hell both of the boxers knew they get paid no matter what. They're happy.
Indeed , the kind of fight I would probably watch 5 years ago....but, not now, not giving a penny to make Mr Money richer , aside from the fact that today's boxing low risk, handpicked opponents and overall credibility is pretty much a joke.

·
Premium Member
24,307 Posts
I'm not a fight fan and would never pay that kind of money to watch a fight. I am amazed at how much they got paid. I guess there are still plenty of boxing fans out there if they can generate that kind of revenue stream.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Very true, and Eddiea you are correct. 5 years ago would have been different. They are out of their prime. It was highly over marketed, but eh it was the fight of the century.

I didn't pay for it so thank god.:smile-thumb2:But I am happy I saw it. Just thought the Pacman should have won.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm not a boxing fan so I didn't watch.

Reactions: Nikon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep. Put off by boxing in college during Tyson era. Rent a hotel that got PPV, get the fight, go get a bucket of ice from machine, get back and the fight is over! Besides mayweather should be in jail for what he has done to some of his watches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Boxing is still boxing granted we don't have another Tyson right now. His style was a kind of anomaly for heavyweights and thats what made him popular. Can't deny Mayweather's skills though. Technically the best fighter I've witnessed in my lifetime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.