Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This one has had the quartz movement swapped out for a Swiss ETA 2824 automatic.. Marathon watches are made the the US and Canadian government.







US seal on the clasp!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi Cali kid, great to see you here, welcome. I did not know you could swap out movements. Also, i never heard of Marathon watches. Have to check them out. I like your good looking Marathon timepiece, it looks great on the wrist.Again welcome. ....Bob
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
11,415 Posts
imported post

Bob wrote:
Hi Cali kid, great to see you here, welcome. I did not know you could swap out movements. Also, i never heard of Marathon watches. Have to check them out. I like your good looking Marathon timepiece, it looks great on the wrist.Again welcome. ....Bob
Bob, Marathon watches are awesome quality! They are very tough to get and are very highly rated dive watches! Another awesome watch Cali...keep them coming!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,363 Posts
imported post

They are sweet watches and are not cheap either. Trev this is a real nice looking piece!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
imported post

Hey Trevor......that's one saaaweet 47mm tool diver converted to the ETA 2824.........do you know what year contract your watch was made in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

livefortoday wrote:
Hey Trevor......that's one saaaweet 47mm tool diver converted to the ETA 2824.........do you know what year contract your watch was made in?
Mikey, will take a look at the caseback when i go home for lunch and let you know!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
imported post

Cali kid wrote:
livefortoday wrote:
Hey Trevor......that's one saaaweet 47mm tool diver converted to the ETA 2824.........do you know what year contract your watch was made in?
Mikey, will take a look at the caseback when i go home for lunch and let you know!!
Thanks Bro........just curious........it's on my short list of outstanding tool divers.........with the ETA 2824 mod, of course!;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
imported post

Nice watch and Mod Trevor...I dont know too much about that brand but it sure looks great...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
Nice watch and Mod Trevor...I dont know too much about that brand but it sure looks great...
Made for the US and Canadian government by Marathon!

SAR= search and rescue

J= jumbo JSAR 46.6MM quartz

C= chrono CSAR 46.6MM auto 7750

D= divers DSAR 41mm auto eta 2824

G=government GSAR 41mm auto eat 2824

T= Tritium TSAR 41mm in both quartz and eta auto
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,308 Posts
imported post

Hey, I checked out their site. The chrono 7750 is a good looking piece.



Look like real solid timepieces.



Glad your mod was successful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
imported post

OK Trevor, I want to pick your brain a little. As you know I have a TSAR, love it, and now I just picked up a JSAR (Nov. '07 as well), anyway just curious if you had the ETA conversion done yourself or is that the way you purchased it? And one more thing, where can I have this conversion done, I have to have a Swiss ETA JSAR in my collection, these are so far, that I have found, the most durable and bad azz timepieces out there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Iceman1974 wrote:
OK Trevor, I want to pick your brain a little. As you know I have a TSAR, love it, and now I just picked up a JSAR (Nov. '07 as well), anyway just curious if you had the ETA conversion done yourself or is that the way you purchased it? And one more thing, where can I have this conversion done, I have to have a Swiss ETA JSAR in my collection, these are so far, that I have found, the most durable and bad azz timepieces out there...
Cant buy one new with an automatic! Have to do it yourself or have someone do it for you! Duarte at NEWW can do it but will want you to supply the movement and Jack from IWW will also do the conversion. My only suggestion would be to find a movement with a black date wheel like the one it comes with in quartz!! Black date just looks better and my only regret about the conversion!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
imported post

Hey Trevor... That's a sweet Marathon you have. I've been eyeballing yours for some time now. Just may have to add one to the collection. I would like more info regarding the mod whenever you have the time. Enjoy that baby often and wear it in good health.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top