Watch Freeks banner

Man it was a good day here in North Carolina!!!

5K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  arnie11 
#1 ·
imported post

Why this:
= This !!!
So as many of you know, I was hot for the Stuhrling Original Tourbillon in rose/black. Well, cutting through all the details, I managed after preparing to snag it when it unlocked to screw it up and by the time I got through.............. GONE!!!! No biggie I figured. Wasn't meant to be. On to the next one. Besides, I was still after "The Oris"! I took the liberty though to post on "Geeks" that if anyone was gonna return their "snag" to please PM me first. Well it couldn't have worked out better because my good friend John aka Hondalover who lives right in Chapel Hill (UNC Territory) pm'd me that he was gonna return his because he had the rose/white version and then remembered my request. After some pming and a phone call last night, Linda & I headed out to John's and I made the purchase. John was also nice enough to let me know beforehand that if I looked at it and decided not to make the purchase it would be no problem (fat chance, LOL!). Linda & I then headed into downtown Chapel Hill for a nice afternoon of lunch and browsing. LOL! I sprung for a T-shirt for her! Ain't I "the sport"!!! A huge thank you to John for thinking of me!!! I owe ya one Bro!!!! And a thank youto Larry Megan for making such a great timepiece available at such a palatable price. Thanks Lar!!!! Here's some more pics of this "bad boy", #52 of 75. Enjoy.

See less See more
#5 ·
imported post

Alright Arnie!!! Good for you man- I'm really happy for ya. It's always good when a fellow Freek gets what he wants! That, for sure, is a superb addition to your collection- you really deserve it! Once alone with the watch, for how long did you just stare in marvel at the beauty of the tourbillon movement? Congrats bro! Wear it in good health always.

#7 ·
imported post

BIGtime wrote:
Alright Arnie!!! Good for you man- I'm really happy for ya. It's always good when a fellow Freek gets what he wants! That, for sure, is a superb addition to your collection- you really deserve it! Once alone with the watch, for how long did you just stare in marvel at the beauty of the tourbillon movement? Congrats bro! Wear it in good health always.
LOL Bro!!! How did you know!!!?? Fact is, I'm still staring at it!!! :c:c

#9 ·
imported post

That's a feel good story Arnie.I love those trips to far away,and not so far away places,and theres a grail at the other end.It makes it all worth while.I'm glad you got to spend the day there,and take care of the miss's to boot.You made a wise decsion on posting that Sturhling return post.Brilliant.And also another wise choice in snaggin'that Tourbillon.It's a real beauty.I hope Larry has more for us unfortunate ones'down the road?Cheers.:c:c

#13 ·
imported post

Been there, bought the wife a T-shirt! Just kiddin':t This is what it's all about!

#14 ·
imported post

Arnie, You don't know how happy that I am for you Bro!! I hate to see my friends unhappy when they miss a time piece they have been lusting over.. John you made Arnie one happy dude!! Looks right at home on your wrist.

You must have had on your lucky boxers on today!!!!:%:%:%

Enjoy!!

jeff

#16 ·
imported post

I'm very happy this worked out so well for you....congrats and enjoy it....

#19 ·
imported post

Wow guys! Really didn't expect all of this "Freeky Luv", LOL!!!! Very cool! Thanks all for reading and posting! Again, if it wasn't for John I'da still been on the hunt, LOL.

And Jeff!!! Whose lucky boxers???????????? :%:%:%:%

#22 ·
imported post

fnps90 wrote:
Stratos27 wrote:
Arnie,

Enjoy!!

jeff
Okay now this IS freeky love. How does Jeff know you wear boxers? Is there more to the Barbie story that hasnt been told yet.:%:%
Is this an official Police interrogation??? Cause if it is........................ I ain't talkin!!! You're gonna have to lean on Jeff! :%:%

#26 ·
imported post

Stratos27 wrote:
fnps90 wrote:
Stratos27 wrote:
Arnie,

Enjoy!!

jeff
Okay now this IS freeky love. How does Jeff know you wear boxers? Is there more to the Barbie story that hasnt been told yet.:%:%
What happen's at Arnie's stays at Arnie's... Plus I don't want my wife to know!!!;)
jeff
You mean you haven't told Char about ...................................... !!!!?? Do I smell a scandal brewing???? !!!! Man I hope that TMZ doesn't get hold of this!!! :%:%(by the way, do you happen to know their phone #???:lol)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.