Watch Freeks banner

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: NFW

20K views 48 replies 30 participants last post by  Thomas Carey 
#1 ·
imported post

Back in March of this year, I was contacted by the US Special Forces to see if we could possibly produce some AutoPilots using their insignia. NFW has an excellent reputation among our military customers, including members of certain Special Forces units. Our L.E. Skull & Tridents artwork got them thinking, since, coincidentally, it is very similar to an emblem that's used by the Special Forces, known as their "Nous Defions" skull & arrows emblem.

Of course, I was honored that they even asked us to do this special project. They ended up sending us two different emblems/insignia so that we could get to work on the design concepts. As soon as we had the concepts ready I flew down to Fort Bragg in NC to present the concepts. The guys originally just wanted us to make one watch. But when they saw the drawings they liked them both so much that they decided to make both of them.

And the good news for you guys is that, in addition to the quantity we're making for Special Forces personnel, they are allowing us to make some additional quantities of the exact same watches for our customers!

However, the BEST part of all this is:

FOR EVERY SPECIAL FORCES WATCH THAT WE SELL, WE ARE GIVING $50 TO THE SPECIAL FORCES ASSOCIATION, CHAPTER 7.
THE SFA PROVIDES FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO THE FAMILIES OF OUR SPECIAL FORCES SOLDIERS WHO ARE KILLED OR WOUNDED IN COMBAT. HENCE, WE ARE EXTREMELY PROUD TO BE ABLE TO GIVE BACK TO THE SPECIAL FORCES WHO DO SO MUCH, AND WHO SACRIFICE SO MUCH, FOR ALL OF US.

And now for the unveiling of the Special Forces AutoPilots. Here's both of them together (below I'll describe the significance of each emblem and show each design individually)

NFW AutoPilot
Movement: Miyota 9015, automatic, 24 Jewels, Hacking
Sapphire Crystal (front & back)
SuperLuminova on hands & dial markings
Tactical-Black IP Case & Bezel
Black Rubber strap
Black Carbon Fiber Dials
200 Meters Water Resistant

HOW TO GET ONE:
We are only making a couple hundred pieces above & beyond what the SF orders and will begin accepting reservations with a $100 deposit, with the balance due when the watches arrive. To place your reservation, just shoot me an email at:
GFox@NFWonline.com asap.

WHEN WILL THE WATCHES ARRIVE: October 2011

PRICE:
NFW Regular Price: $500
WF VIP Price: $400

And remember that you'll be contributing $50 to the SFA, Chapter 7 when you purchase the watch.

BACKGROUND INFO ON THE INSIGNIA SHOWN ON EACH WATCH:

"Nous Defions"

Like most anything else that is associated with Special Ops, the motto “Nous Defions” (French for “We Defy”, or “We Challenge”) has a somewhat mystified origin. Most in the US Army Special Forces community agree that the motto, and accompanying skull and crossed arrows logo, was born from the early days of the development of modern direct action and counter-terrorist tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) at a training area in Mott Lake, 11 miles west of Fort Bragg. Members of Special Forces that conducted training in Mott Lake generally agree that the phrase “Nous Defions”, and its commonly associated logo – the skull and crossed arrows – was born there.
There is some uncertainty as to the true origin of the motto itself. Some assert that it first emerged during World War II, with the French resistance movements. It is very possible that the motto was then adopted by elements of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) that organized, trained, equipped and operated with the French resistance. Today, the insignia is used by an advanced skills Special Forces school, Special Forces teams that focus on direct action, as well as select companies within each Special Forces Group. The symbol has even been adopted by entire Special Forces battalions.
“Nous Defions” is a challenge, a brash statement, an in-your-face phrase that illustrates the aggressive nature of the “Quiet Professionals”. At the same time, just like the men that originated it, its history is shrouded in mystery, lore and legend.

"7th Special Forces Group (Airborne): De Oppresso Liber! Crest Insignia"

The 7th Special Forces Group was activated on 20 May 1960 in Fort Bragg, NC. It is one of the most deployed formations in the special operations community and it has a combat resume that place it as one of the most combat experienced units in the US military. Because of their high deployment rate, the 7th SFG has suffered many casualties, thus making the contributions from the sale of these watches all the more relevant.

As a unit of the US Army Special Forces Command, the 7th Special Forces Group is organized, trained and equipped to perform seven special operations missions: Unconventional Warfare, Foreign Internal Defense, Special Reconnaissance, Direct Action, Combating Terrorism, Counter-proliferation (of Weapons of Mass Destruction), and Information Operations.

At times referred as to “Green Berets” – due to their distinctive headgear, the quintessential Special Forces Soldier exemplifies the "Quiet Professional". Like their other Special Forces brethren, the 7th Special Forces Group have been, and will remain deployed, throughout the world displaying their dominance in full-spectrum operations through their unconventional warfare expertise. They have been far forward of the front lines of every modern conflict, operating quietly, covertly, out of the limelight, in constant contact with the enemy and in the protection of freedom the world over. From humanitarian assistance and training of indigenous forces, to direct action and special reconnaissance missions, all Special Forces Soldiers live up to the Special Forces motto: “De Oppresso Liber!”, to Free the Oppressed.

This dial shows the Special Forces Crest, featuring the crossed arrows behind the banner that reads "De Oppresso Liber." The "7" signifies the 7th Special Forces Group.

On behalf of myself and of NFW, I am extremely proud and honored to have been asked to make these watches, and to support our Special Forces by giving a significant contribution back to the Special Forces Association, Chapter 7. And for any active and retired SF personnel who may be reading this: Thank you for your service!

If you'd like to reserve one of these Special Forces watches, by all means come & get 'em!

If you'd like to learn more or donate directly to the SFA, here's a couple direct links:

7the Special Forces Group (SFA Chapter 7): http://www.sfa7.com/Home_Page.php

SFA: http://specialforcesassociation.org/

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Best,

George Fox
NFW

See less See more
#2 ·
imported post

Wow !! I get to be the first on Freeks to post on this great announcemet !!!:c

"Cuz" !!! What a wonderful achievement this is for you and to have allied NFW with The Special Forces !!! You should be quite proud (as I can tell you are) of this accomplishment. NFW Karma has struck again. Only the best for you "Cuz" and again .................. congratulations on such an honor. You know I'll be gettin one. :b

One more thing ....... (for Frank) "Mazel Tov" !!! :c:c:c:c:c

#4 ·
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
Wow !! I get to be the first on Freeks to post on this great announcemet !!!:c

"Cuz" !!! What a wonderful achievement this is for you and to have allied NFW with The Special Forces !!! You should be quite proud (as I can tell you are) of this accomplishment. NFW Karma has struck again. Only the best for you "Cuz" and again .................. congratulations on such an honor. You know I'll be gettin one. :b

One more thing ....... (for Frank) "Mazel Tov" !!! :c:c:c:c:c
Thanks Arnie!

You're right. I'm very proud and very honored that they came to us for these watches. I've been learning a lot and spending quite a bit of time with these guys. They've sort of indoctrinated me as an unofficial honorary member of the SF ! Fascinating work that they do, and most of it never makes the news. It's been very interesting getting the inside scoop on what they do.

Thanks again, cuz!

G

#6 ·
imported post

Excellent work G. It must have been a blast brainstorming with them.

My bother was with the 82nd Airborne in Fort Brag in the late 60's early 70's.

He's not into watches but I'll forward this to him, you never know.

#8 ·
imported post

Once again....

That is absolutely incredible news George!

Such an interesting and very special undertaking.

Congratulations to you and all involved for these incredible pieces and the very worthy cause it supports!

#12 ·
imported post

This is pretty AWESOME!! What an honor! My brother in law is also from the 82nd Airbourne, he is currently in Afghanistan, and just recently re-enlisted. I would love to get one of these bad boys and I am sure he would love to get one himself. But since I just made 2 recent purchases, I am out of luck this time..:WW Hopefully they may let you comission some more in the future.

#13 ·
imported post

What a cool thing.

Really like the 7sfg watch.

It's quite a successful undertaking.

Congratulations. :c

Tonight when I go out I'll toast to your succees with a special drink, the Bin Laden (2 shots and a splash)

Keep up the good work and thanks for the posting.

#16 ·
imported post

toecutter wrote:
What a cool thing.

Really like the 7sfg watch.

It's quite a successful undertaking.

Congratulations. :c

Tonight when I go out I'll toast to your succees with a special drink, the Bin Laden (2 shots and a splash)

Keep up the good work and thanks for the posting.
:%:%:% 2 Shots and a splash, now that's funny

#19 ·
imported post

Just an awesome accomplishment George!! I spent 4 years at NAS North Island in Coronado while I was in the Navy. We used to watch what the Seal recruits had to go through during Hell Week - Unbelievable!!To be associated with any Special Forces Group is a great honor for you and your company. Job Well Done G.

Keith

#22 ·
imported post

Thanks very much, fellas. I truly appreciate all the kind words and support for this program.

There are other places on the internet that are trash-talking NFW and questioning the validity of these watches.

The Special Forces came to me asking for these. I didn't solicit them. And while meeting with them I decided to offer to give money back to help and to say thanks for what these guys sacrifice. It wasn't some stipulation that they gave me in order to allow us to make these watches.

I'm trying to do a good thing. Simple as that....

Thanks for your faith in me. And for those you who've already reserved a watch, thank you for that!

All my best,

George

#23 ·
imported post

Personally, I do not doubt your veracity.

You have done a lot of stuff for charity in the past that I know of.

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

Keep up the good deeds. :)

And I don't even own an NFW watch.

Yet.

#25 ·
imported post

G.Fox wrote:
Thanks very much, fellas. I truly appreciate all the kind words and support for this program.

There are other places on the internet that are trash-talking NFW and questioning the validity of these watches.

The Special Forces came to me asking for these. I didn't solicit them. And while meeting with them I decided to offer to give money back to help and to say thanks for what these guys sacrifice. It wasn't some stipulation that they gave me in order to allow us to make these watches.

Thanks for your faith in me. And for those you who've already reserved a watch, thank you for that!

All my best,

George
George,
From hearing the story from you, and knowing you were actually in NC very recently visiting these guys in person before finalizing the designs and production schedule for this watch, I know your efforts are legit and should be commended. You don't need to justify yourself or worry about silly comments. Well done George.

#26 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
G.Fox wrote:

All my best,

George
George,
From hearing the story from you, and knowing you were actually in NC very recently visiting these guys in person before finalizing the designs and production schedule for this watch, I know your efforts are legit and should be commended. You don't need to justify yourself or worry about silly comments. Well done George.
+5 :c:c:c

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.