Watch Freeks banner

Mühle Terranaut I Trail Review (Worn and Wound)

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dave0944 
#1 ·
Mühle Glashütte is no stranger to making tough and unique dive watches, as we saw in our review of the S.A.R. Rescue Timer. Their interests, however, go beyond the depths of the sea and into land and air too. While pilot watches are a very common thing (surprisingly common when you think of how many people are actually pilots…), watches that are designed for land sports, by which I mean biking, hiking, etc… are oddly less common. With their Terranaut Trail line, Mühle has set out to make watches for this very purpose.

With designs inspired by pilot’s watches, the Terranaut’s have a restrained and attractive look with an emphasis on legibility. Big hands and markers, all in khaki, are the signature of the line adding an earthiness to the palette that speaks to their purpose. Inside, the watches all feature Mühle standard over the top movement modification, making these a pretty unique offering. Of the three watches currently available, the Terranaut I Trail stands out a bit, as it has a particularly interesting dial and features Mühle’s MU 9408 chronograph movement (which has a Valjoux 7750 base). Coming in at $3,335.00, the Terranaut I Trail is a unique watch with a distinct design, but a heavy price tag that reflects the custom movement within.

See full review and pics at wornandwound: http://wornandwound.com/2013/09/25/muhle-terranaut-i-trail-review/

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah I really like mine, Muhle is supposed to regulate their watches to six positions. It's pretty hard to time this model to the second because of the lack of a marked running seconds dial, but in two weeks straight mine is less than 1 minute off either way! Not too shabby.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.