Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can anyone tell me what the fascination is with a watch's lume? Lume, to me, is inconsequential and is not a factor in my purchasing decision. How many people actually use a watch's lume for its intended purpose?

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Not a big deal to me just a nice added extra.....consider it a bonus.

Not sure when it would even really be necessary for me other than maybe going to a movie or something.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I respectfully decline the opportunity to participate in this topic....LOL.

Ron, Chef, Buler, anyone???:q

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I think it is a combination of a good selling point AND a nice feature. Simply put the ability to see your watch and the time in the dark IS a very positive feature.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

To me it's just an added bonus and sometimes a pleasant surprise.

When I first got my Orange Monster (whose lume judges all others) I didn't really give it much thought.

Then one sunny day I was out working in the yard. I stepped into the shade and it was glowing like a 100 watt bulb. IN THE SHADE.

It was just one of those moments.

It's not a deciding factor in my purchases though.

T.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Seattle.........first off , comment all you want.........

and yes to me., lume is a deciding factor..............i wear my watch all the time.........

i use it to tell time, whether day or nite. i do not have an alarm clock........and i dont bring my cell phone into the bedroom either, so i use my watch to tell time at nite, if i wake up, etc..........

i find myself using and enjoying the lume feature on my watch all the time, and yes it is deal breaker form me if the watch has no lume at all..........

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I am not touching this with a 10ft poll, so Seattle my man, and Tattoo Chef you both have the floor gentleman!!!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

delo149 wrote:
Holy S*%t!!!! Deja Vu!!!

Ron taking the high road??
Shocker isnt it! Hell I cant believe it myself, I actually just went into the bathroom and took my temp. Nope I am not running a fever either!!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

delo149 wrote:
Come on...just one for old times sake.
I know, I know Rip isnt Rip anymore. I have promised my wife, my friends, myself that I would be nice on this site. I damn near hate what I have become, but I am not going to fall of the wagon and be Ron!!!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

djpop wrote:
I havent seena goog lume yet that will last forany leangh of time
Have you ever seen Super lumanova on a Seiko? Lasts all night........:)

Sorry, redundant. Just saw WC68's post regarding the Monster.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts