Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Hey, that's a great demo! That's why I'm not a fan of Tritnite!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

[align=center]Tritium if you want twenty year glow!!![/align]
[align=center]
[/align]

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Great test!
No question in my mind that Trinite is the industries most inferior lume product. But, I do have an anomaly, my original Scuba with supposedly Trinite competes well with my Seikos and Citizens, not sure why.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Seattle - my scuba also shines very bright - but nothing in my collection currently glows like my Zodiac dragon wing - not initially or hours later. pretty amazing. not sure what the dragon wing uses to be so bright and last long?

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

The inconsistency does make you wonder???
I actually have some inexpensive Chinese pieces that out perform Trinite.

TVDinner wrote:
Seattle - my scuba also shines very bright - but nothing in my collection currently glows like my Zodiac dragon wing - not initially or hours later. pretty amazing. not sure what the dragon wing uses to be so bright and last long?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

what is in my zodiac that makes it work so well? who knows the answer?

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

I think glow times also have a lot to do with the amount used. Take luminova...you have some Citizens with small hands and scant amounts of lume...they dont last long and dont really start out all that bright.

Take their divers where they just glob the stuff on thick and over a large area and it lasts for hours.

Same with Invicta. Some models just dont use enough Tritnite and it gets a bad rep. Some models use tons of the stuff and it does get bright.

This particular Russian Diver will last all night and then some...it has piles of the stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts