Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering buy a Seiko Blue Sumo for it's lume (thanks to feedback from this website!) and unique color / design. Second choice is Seiko Shogun. Third 300MM.

Any other dive watch out there you recommend for bright, long last lume?
Watch must have date display, automatic movement and preferably less than USD $1,000.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Considering buy a Seiko Blue Sumo for it's lume (thanks to feedback from this website!) and unique color / design. Second choice is Seiko Shogun. Third 300MM.

Any other dive watch out there you recommend for bright, long last lume?
Watch must have date display, automatic movement and preferably less than USD $1,000.

Thanks.

Monster. Great long lasting lume, current gen is hacking and hand-winding, 200 meter WR, and can be found around $200.

·
Registered
335 Posts
the best buy for massive lume in the asian watch market is the 2nd gen monster SRP307 for black or SRP309 for orange dial, lots of acreage of quality seiko lume on the dial. $189 should get one to your door new.

The sumo, shogun and orient saturation diver are all good other choices for a higher quality asian watch with great lume, but a bunch more money for the other features.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Chiming in with my vote fort the Monster. It's a very attractive watch, great size with a very nice finish. Fairly easy to find under$200. Great value! Leaves a bunch of money left over to find something else that tickles your fancy!

Reactions: zed073

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
This one ain't no slouch either

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
the best buy for massive lume in the asian watch market is the 2nd gen monster SRP307 for black or SRP309 for orange dial, lots of acreage of quality seiko lume on the dial. $189 should get one to your door new.

The sumo, shogun and orient saturation diver are all good other choices for a higher quality asian watch with great lume, but a bunch more money for the other features.
Plus One: Just purchased the 2nd Generation Monster and the Lume is Awesome. Seiko's proprietary Lumibrite is Top Shelf Performance.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Orient Saturation Diver can be purchased for under $1000 on used market. In my humble opinion they are FAR FAR FAR and away more of a watch then the Monsters, Frankenmonsters, Seiko Kinetics, or many other Seiko models in the under $1000 price range - and have equally stunning lume. I am not saying the Monsters are bad watches. Far from it - they are great. But the Orient Saturation Diver is a true beast.

Also you can get many Oris TT1 Diver models (small second date) that are 44 or 47mm that also are under $1000, have pretty nice lume. Now you are talking a better quality watch again.

Many Lum Tec models also are known for their blazing lume...

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Many options. Check out Magrette Watches, Armida, Helson, Zenton.
Orient Saturation Diver as well.
Deep Blue.
Agreed on all of these. Good suggestions.

Don't forget that for $1000 range you could get a Deep Blue or other similar watches WITH TUBES and there is no lume in the world that lasts as long as tube. None....

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Also don't forget lumtec

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
So THAT's where the 3rd of those straps went! Danny and I were talking about that recently. Dustin made 3 and Danny and I each have one but couldn't recall where the third went. Looks great! :D

As for Lum-Tec Chris puts out a solid piece for sure. Good guy to deal with.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Agreed on all of these. Good suggestions.

Don't forget that for $1000 range you could get a Deep Blue or other similar watches WITH TUBES and there is no lume in the world that lasts as long as tube. None....

A new 2nd Generation Monster is less than 300 hundred dollars. The Orient Saturation Diver with a 50% off Orient coupon is still 1,250 dollars. The Orient Saturation Diver is a real dive watch with ISO certifications. It's the real deal for serious scuba diving. The Orient Lum should be top shelf for a watch at this price point. I'm very happy with the Lumibrite on my 2nd Generation Monster.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Orient, Lum-Tec or Boschett all have great lume.

Here is my Saturation Diver in Day light.

Reactions: spanky1 and Weezy
1 - 20 of 28 Posts