Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a Fitbit HR guy for a while but switched over last week to the Microsoft Band 2. I didn't care for the reviews on the Band 1 at all but it was all positive on the Band 2 so I gave it a shot. Its been on my wrist for a week now and I have to say that I LOVE IT. I no longer need a "go to" watch as this MS Band is always on my wrist so I always have a "go to" watch on, in a sense. I realize that its a combo smart watch/activity tracker but I like it for both components really. In fact, I like it a lot and have really enjoyed the numerous features, looks, and wearability of this baby.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be interested to hear what you think of it after you've had it for a awhile.
Especially compared to the Fitbit HR.
I can tell you a good deal after about a week-ten days, Brian. First, I really liked my Fitbit HR Charge and have nothing negative to say about it. The MSB 2 is very obviously a much more technologically advanced piece of gear though. That can be good or bad. The good is that you can see the various screens and the responsiveness of the device phenomenally well. I find it to be more accurate on heart rate, sleep data, and steps than the Fitbit was, too. Its also far superior to the FB when it comes to texts, calendar, alarms, and incoming phone calls. You also get all of the data much much faster on the MSB2 which I really like, especially heart rate. I don't use GPS so I can't really speak on that feature but it seems to work really well for someone who is into that. Far superior device technologically! The software kills Fitbits as well.

For techno stuff and just plain cool looks, the MSB2 blows it away. No doubt about it and no person would disagree. Where the FB beats the MSB2 is in two important areas though. First, it is much lighter and less bulky. I like the clasp with the sensors in it and the exceptional feel of the clasp security on the MSB2 but its big and thats not an area where you want anything big so it takes a little getting used to. Second, the battery life on the FB is twice as long. In fairness to the MSB2, it does charge to 100% in a little less than 2 hours so I've been charging it at my desk in the afternoons every other day and not had issues. It is something that you have to do twice as often as the FB though. I have never seen a charging device as nice as the one with the MSB2, too, by the way.

After a week with the MSB2, I sold my Fitbit knowing that I'd never go back to it over this one, Brian. That says it all for me. :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just got a Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 smart watch. I put a clockwork snergy quickly after getting it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Nice. I'm still a fitbit HR guy but always have it on my right wrist, and a mechanical on the left.

Reactions: zed073

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Can you take it in the pool without frying it?

·
Banned
90 Posts
Does it measure your heart rate/bpm ? One guy found out his girlfriend was pregnant when she wore one of these watches because it showed "abnormal" high heart rate.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Mesh:
Talked to a guy yesterday who is owner of a clone of your FitBit.
Loves his too.

Takes all kinds, doesn't it Mesh?

Lou Snutt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts