Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am traveling just about every week and am finally going to invest in some better head phones. I have many in the ear ear bud headphones and they are great but just don't block out enough sound on planes. so looking for some full size headphones.

I would like some feedback on headphones you own.

Here is what I am looking for -
1) must include noise reducing / noise canceling
2) around $200

Beats? Sony? Skull Candy?

What do you use? PLEASE PROVDE Links to the model you have.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not think those have the noise reducing feature. I definitely want that feature after trying out a friends this past week on the plane

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
These excellent headphones also boast great attenuation of ambient noise .

These are not BOSE...but they don't cost what BOSE does and they work and wear very nicely. If I used them more I might spend more money on a pair. I don't wear them often. I do like them on a plane.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just to say something on the audio quality of sennheiser. I have a pair of ear buds (not what you are looking for) that I bought and few years ago for the gym. Great at noise canceling, great bass, and overall excellent sound quality. If i needed an over the ear pair, I would look toward them first. Any pair of beats I've ever heard sound like crap. Especially for the price. I spoke with a best buy employee once, that talked me out of them. Said he was told by a beats rep, that they're junk. All here say of course, but I don't feel they sound that good. Good luck in your search, and let us know what you get!!

-Jared

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Generally your going to pay 299 for them for over the ear noise canceling. I think if I were traveling that much I'd get the bose. Maybe you can deduct as a necessary business expense. Lol.

sent from my thinks it so smart galaxy that it has to correct my spelling

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
those are exactly the same ones my friend had that I tried. They are very nice.

A few people have suggested a few Sony models that are about $100 less and still have the noise cancellation feature.

I do like that the Bose ones also work with my iphone....

still looking for suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've had the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones with Coiled Cable for three years now.
Great sound for $149.00 and they get great reviews on Amazon.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are not "noise cancelling" unfortunately

Q: Are these noise canceling?
A: I would think of them as passive noise canceling, not active noise canceling. Because of their design, they do block out a lot of room sounds

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
I'd get the BOSE as they seem to be what suits your needs best. They are by far the best that money can buy. You will have to ante up for them, but if you are going to use them and want the best then these are the ones to get.

I just can't justify the purchase because I don't use them enough to make it worth it. I find the less expensive pair suits my needs even though I doubt they are anywhere close to the BOSE.

Reactions: bracky72

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
You might check costco. If they have the bose my guess is they will be around 225 -250. I have a pair of bose on ear that were 199 everywhere else but I picked them up for 129 at Costco.

sent from my thinks it so smart galaxy that it has to correct my spelling

·
Registered
618 Posts
check out innerfidelity.com

Good reviews, great approach via measurements etc.

Personally, I travel with Sure 215's. Great at blocking noise, comfortable in the ear. I even wear them inside my helmet on the motorbike.

For noise cancelling, Bose is ok. My opinion of beats is quite low, you over pay for the sound you get.

Good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts