Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am looking for feedback on a Zodiac I ordered off of eBay. I have been looking a watch with a luminous dial and was in search of a vintage heuer. I stumbled across this and went ahead and picked it up. Not too expensive but can not find much history on the model. Any input would be great.
MODEL # 706.83.66S

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Don't know much about the brand either. How much was it? Perhaps someone else has more info

·
Banned
754 Posts
I like that a lot. Congratulations. I search Zodiacs often on the bay and never seen that one. Must be really special even if it wasn't too expensive. AtomicTom has a bunch of Zodiac, I hope he can help you there or some other freek. I only owned one Z and I was very impressed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A whopping $125.00. I like the look but just want to know a little more!

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Sorry I don't know anything about it except that the dial is gorgeous. Congrats on a real nice find🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: keiter

·
Registered
915 Posts
Nice find.
As an owner of two other models
I can at least vouch for their quality which IMHO is very good

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Nice find. I'd be very happy with that watch. It is unique. I've owned several Zodiac models over the years. I've never seen this one. But the ones I've owned have always served me well, well built, and very good quality.

·
Super Moderator
10,587 Posts
Ultra cool Keiter ! :cool: :smile-thumb: ..Didn't really know much about this one either, but looked up Zodiac Swiss Formula, and saw a bunch of great pictures, and some info. Evidently is called a Swiss Formula, and has 200 meter water resistance. What's neat about your's is it seems to have a steel bezel instead of plastic. The watch was evidently going for a Tag Heuer vibe, but this one is extra nice. ..Oh, and also it is supposed to have a 7 jewel ETA 955 412 quartz movement inside. Really is fantastic looking Keiter ! Congratulations there !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ultra cool Keiter ! :cool: :smile-thumb: ..Didn't really know much about this one either, but looked up Zodiac Swiss Formula, and saw a bunch of great pictures, and some info. Evidently is called a Swiss Formula, and has 200 meter water resistance. What's neat about your's is it seems to have a steel bezel instead of plastic. The watch was evidently going for a Tag Heuer vibe, but this one is extra nice. ..Oh, and also it is supposed to have a 7 jewel ETA 955 412 quartz movement inside. Really is fantastic looking Keiter ! Congratulations there !
Thanks so much for the input! I had also looked up the swiss formula and was stumped by the plastic bezel vs the steel one. Can't wait to get this one in the mail.

·
Super Moderator
10,587 Posts
Thanks so much for the input! I had also looked up the swiss formula and was stumped by the plastic bezel vs the steel one. Can't wait to get this one in the mail.

You got it Keiter. ..Honestly, didn't, and don't know much about the watch, but it's sure going to be nice when it arrives. :) The steel bezel will be awesome too, and last longer also ! Congratulations ahead of time once again !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts