Watch Freeks banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been thinking of getting a new watch primarily for work. I'm a bartender and I can be very hard on my watches at work. They and are in and out of soapy bleachy water constantly. I have an Oris Artelier skeleton watch with an alligator bracelet (which is way too nice to wear for what I do) and a Tag Heuer which I have been wearing that has taken a bit of a beating, (the bezel is nicked and scratched up.) I guess I'm looking for something decent that I don't have to be worried about. Automatic movement isn't a must but it is desirable. I was thinking of maybe a Swiss Victornox. Something nice that won't break the bank that can take a beating. Any advice? Anything for sale that may fit my description? Thanks everyone.

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
Personally, I'd consider going even cheaper than a Swiss Victorinox simply because you are talking about chemical exposure and such. I'd hate to drop $500 on a nice Victorinox and have it be damaged and ruined by the chemicals. I'd look into something more durable that you can get sub $200 and then you’ll worry less about it falling apart...

That is my personal opinion. Now, there are far better judges out there than me throughout his forum that will probably have better suggestions.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-WAVECEPTOR-Controlled-Multiband-WVA-M640D-1AJF/dp/B00EPXS8CU/ref=sr_1_167?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1434135146&sr=1-167&keywords=g+shock&refinements=p_89%3ACasio%2Cp_36%3A2661615011

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like I was kind of thinking on the right track. I'll look more into the Victornox.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,887 Posts
You can get this Citizen "Super Titanium" watch for $170 on ebay, new!

I had one, it is really a sharp looking watch, eco-drive so no problem with battery changes, 100m WR, Sapphire crystal the Super Titanium is the real deal, after owning one for over a year their was no noticeable scratches on it, the Titanium is impervious to bleach. Very light, super comfortable, you won't even know you're wearing it.

Here is a link to the Citizen site showing all their 'Super Titanium" watches, just copy the model number and google it and see what they are asking for them on Ebay, most of the models will cost 1/2 of the listed price. Make sure you purchase a "Super" titanium, and not one of their standard Titanium models, there is a giant difference in scratch resistance.

http://www.citizenwatches.com.au/products/super-titanium

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Unless you need something in a dressier watch for your job, Princeton Watches has this VSA Divemaster automatic on closeout, a nice price for a dive watch with an ETA 2892 from an authorized dealer. I own the same model and IMHO, the brown dial sets it apart from other dive watches. Great movement, excellent lume, comfy rubber strap.

http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/241562.asp

Reactions: Tattoo Chef

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,887 Posts
Here is another Citizen Super Titanium, I owned this model also, is super looking in person, 100m WR Sapphire crystal, Eco Drive, $260 new on the bay. CA0021-53E

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Having been a bartender, I'll only recommend that you forgo a bracelet and stick with a rubber, or waterproof leather strap. Bracelets snag in the coolers, and break spring-bars often behind the bar. Nato/Zulu straps would be good for the extra retention, but they hold moisture so you will need to clean them fairly often.

As for the watch itself, grab something that will keep looking good with some abuse. Maybe a Seiko SKX007 or a Monster?

·
13,318 Posts
Unless you need something in a dressier watch for your job, Princeton Watches has this VSA Divemaster automatic on closeout, a nice price for a dive watch with an ETA 2892 from an authorized dealer. I own the same model and IMHO, the brown dial sets it apart from other dive watches. Great movement, excellent lume, comfy rubber strap.

http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/241562.asp

This is the one I'd buy Sapphire.....The Brown is bad ass

1 - 10 of 10 Posts