Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had Fossils and G-Shocks in the past and I want to get a watch I can wear out and dress up or down depending on the occasion. I have a few in mind and wanted to get some ideas on which one would be best and last a while. I know Bulova is a subsidiary of Citizen and these have mineral crystal but it isn't a deal breaker for me. My budget limit is around $200 so if you have any other ideas I'm open to them. I'm leaning very heavily towards the Bulova Precisionist though.

First one is a Bulova Precisionist BUL-98B224

Next is a Bulova Marine Star: BUL-98B206

MSTR Ambassador
Invicta Subaqua Chronograph with Flame-Fushion crystal and Swiss Ronda 5040.D movement but I read Invicta CS is horrible.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Like the Bulova precisionist best here. Also might consider an orient mako or ray. Wonderful watches for the price

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Long Time Member
1,969 Posts
Bulova is a great choice. Would be my pick. Bulova was my 1st auto. Never a problem (10 yrs)

Is a keeper for me.

·
3,979 Posts
scubiesteve:
If were in your situation I'd listen to both hikenbike and Jason's
advice. Shop the entire gamut.
86 the "victers". Jus my 2 cents worth!

Lou Snutt

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,885 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
That Bulova Precisionist is a great choice. It would look as good in slacks and a button-up as as it would jeans and a t-shirt.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Like your taste with that Bulova. Beautiful color combination. Crisp lines, very legible and elegant. It manages to have enough detail to be interesting, but not so much as to be cluttered.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Jump on this one with both feet, quality watch with sapphire crystal for $153. I would order immediately if I were you!
I agree. Victorinox is very underrated, you get a lot of bang for your buck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Another fan of Victorinox here, I have several and they are great daily wearers. I also like the Bulova Precisionists - provided you get them at the right price. Have you also considered Citizen Eco-Drives? Tons of variety in that brand....

Good Luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright,

So I have it narrowed down to these three now after taking some of y'alls advice:

Both Victorinoxs are the Maverick GSs the top one is $153 and the other is $179

and then the previous Bulova Precisionist for $199

I like each one of these watches for different reasons and can't really decide, lol. I'm really digging the top Victorinox though......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm still going back to the Bulova and now I found this colorway, the wife likes the way these watches run and how they look. Which if I can get her behind a watch that is half the battle, lol. I love how the blue pops on the other Precisionist though.....decisions, decisions

·
Registered
78 Posts
Another vote for the Bulova; the Precisionist movement is very good. I am also becoming a fan of blue dials!

In the photo of the Invicta, I can't see the hands at all. Might be a problem with readability!

Not familiar with the Victorinox, but they do have some nice looking pieces. In my opinion, the two you are considering are more "sporty" while the Bulova is a bit more "formal" and possibly more versatile for both dress up and dress down occasions.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,885 Posts
I'm still going back to the Bulova and now I found this colorway, the wife likes the way these watches run and how they look. Which if I can get her behind a watch that is half the battle, lol. I love how the blue pops on the other Precisionist though.....decisions, decisions
The PVD is going to end up showing a lot of scratches that cannot be cleaned up, I would stick to a stainless steel bracelet model, that is unless you are going to put the PVD on a strap or nato.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts