Watch Freeks banner

Looking at a Stuhrling...

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Luis Alfonso III 
#1 ·
Title says it all, gang. I'm perusing the 'Bay and on a whim, I started looking at the offerings by Stuhrling Original. Right now, I've got my eye on a rather nice-looking Aquadiver Regatta series with a batman bezel and a Ronda 515 quartz movement. Right now it's at $50, and I'd like to get some input about them before making an offer.

Anyone? Anyone?

#3 ·
Go to bed. You will be thinking clearer in the morning after you get some sleep.

#6 ·
What is thing you refer to as 'sleep?' ;)

Don't do it.

If you're interested in quartz in that price range look for a deal on a Casio Edifice.

Just my 2c.
Thanks for the input. :) I'm actually looking at the Edifice line as well. Truth be told, I only just got into Quartz Analogs very recently due to my purchase of the Invicta Speedway and the vintage Seiko Sports Quartz. I know very little about the Quartz Analog watch world, so this is a learning experience for me. :)

I have a feeling VostokGuy's going to mod this Stuhrling like he does with his Vostoks. I say go for it bro! And if you don't win it, I believe it's available on Amazon too:

Amazon Link here.
lol I was actually debating on that. :) That all depends on how much I can get it for, how its made, etc.. It might end up just staying stock if I do get it, as I've got the upcoming 090-series project coming up before any other mod projects. :)

#5 ·
I have a feeling VostokGuy's going to mod this Stuhrling like he does with his Vostoks. I say go for it bro! And if you don't win it, I believe it's available on Amazon too:

Amazon Link here.

#7 ·
I gifted a girlfriend with one with open heart skeletonized automatic movement, it was very pretty, and the engined died within a few months. The relationship with her died a few months later.
I had a few Stuhrlimgs without any issues but when I was interested in them, I searched on eBay and a BUNCH of them were listed AS-IS or FOR PARTS or FOR REPAIR so my relationship with Stuhrling also ended after that. Sold the last one on eBay for just under $25 on a no reserve 99 cent auction after I paid $150.

I'd steer clear of that brand unless you have you have a budget for repairs/parts and plenty of time to kill with headaches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.