Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've wandered in and out of here as a lurker for a while and decided to become a member after developing a profound dissatisfaction with another was forum I was member of that shall remain nameless (darn is not a swear worthy of a reprimand…… just saying).

I got into watches about a year ago after looking into my grandfathers heirloom Stirling and being struck by the vast array of info and history that movements, makers and watch brands can have. Before that I was happy as a clam with my first (real) watch a Seiko5 that I beat the crap out of for 9 years.

Over the past year I've picked up a few more watches such as a Hamilton Khaki King and several lessor brands that I found interesting for being different rather than being expensive or prestigious, such as a domestic market Luch one-hander, a Rodina, and a vintage Lucerne Jump Hour.

My interests have also expanded into taking a crack at home watch repair (with varying degrees of success). My motivation in a large part is being able to maintain and service my own watches whose value (or lack thereof) may not dictate ever receiving a service from a watchmaker. I'm currently only working on watches I've picked up at flea markets that I find in various states of pooched and try to get them running again. The Lucerne is one my success stories along with a 1940's ladies Solar (AS 984), a couple of Russian Chiaka 1601's too many junked pin levers to count as well as a 11 jewel Soviet made alarm clock (that was weird one).

I look forward to spending some time here trying to get a feel for the place and personalities.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Welcome to our fine forum! I am, however, extremely puzzled by your choice of screen name. Priapism?

·
Registered
5,507 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Wecome to WF,
from Ontario, Canada.

Fine spot here, trust you will enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts