Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Derek. I have always appreciated quality timepieces for the mechanics, beauty, art and the ability of craftsmen to combine all of that into a mobile, useful and reliable piece. I recently came into a position of disposable income and have allowed myself to purchase some of these beautiful items. I have purchased a 62 Gruen Autowind Date-adjust, a Bulova L6 Golden Clipper, 1979 Timex Day/Date 109 Automatic(daily piece), Vintage Seiko 5, 1964 Ernest Borel Cocktail Kaleidoscope, and a 1969 Paul Portinoux Day/Date automatic 25 Jewel. I look forward to learning and understanding more about these beautiful watches.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Welcome to WF Derek, a lot of good folks here.

Seems you have a nice assortment of vintage pieces. And pics are always welcome if you want to share them.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
New members are always welcome, especially the ones with good (vintage) taste. That Ernest Borel Cocktail Kaleidoscope is quite the piece, can't wait to see pictures! Yes, we are into watch [email protected] :D And some of us into car [email protected] :D

·
Registered
819 Posts
Glad to have you here, in the Nuthouse - Pogo!

Remember PICS PICS PICS !!

Best,

Scott

·
Registered
631 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You have an excellent collection going already. Can't wait to see some of those pieces. It's a cool forum with a lot of knowledge. Hope you enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
9,663 Posts
Seriously think you could teach us all a ton about
watches by the sound of there Derek ! :happy0065:

Welcome to the forum ! :)

Wow, you have some really neat taste in watches,
and evidently have a very impressive collection.
Looking forward to learning, and talking with
you here. ..Hope you have a terrific time !

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Welcome!
Your taste is on point. A long time lover jumping into by gone years is something curious. Do you find a lure in the now too? Looking forward to your watch pictures, make yourself at home.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Echo the sentiment of looking forward to pics.

Do you favor any "retro" looks in modern brands? Certainly seems to be a comeback of vintage designs, here and there.

Welcome!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts