Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Firstly, I apologise if this subject has been done to death in one way or another - I used the search function but couldn't find exactly what I was after.

I've got a Steinhart Ocean 44 on the way, and I want to be thoroughly unoriginal and put a black and grey striped 'Bond' style nato strap on it.

This is my first nato and I ordered one for a few quid and when it turned up it was too short so I couldn't double the end back into the rings. It measures at around 270mm which after a look around seems to be about the standard. My wrist is only around 7.25" so I was quite surprised. I reckon I would need around 300mm ideally.

I heard that Zulu's tend to be a bit longer, but after looking around they seem to be about the same length, and I don't really like the larger hoops.

I found an old thread where Maratac were mentioned for longer straps, but they don't do the colour I'm after.

Does anybody know of an alternative source for longer (300mm) nato's that might carry my coveted boring black and grey stripey?

Many thanks in advance! :)

Jams

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Watchbancenter sells XL straps

Reactions: Jams_123

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did stumble across those guys but the range is very limited. Black, Green or Beige.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The only longer one in that style I could find comes from Gnomon, but it's only 24mm that is extra long. Rest are standard size. Think you might be out of luck unless it's plain colors.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you might be right unfortunately. Thanks for taking the time to have a quick look though :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look perfect! Unfortunately they don't appear to ship to the UK though

I don't suppose any of my US bro's would fancy brokering a deal?? :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Worth a shot :)

To close this thread off if anyone raises this again - I've found these guys in the UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G10-NATO-...-choice-of-Colour-Buckle-Finish-/291166107940

They're 295mm long which is around 20-30mm longer than most other offerings I found. I can't testify to the quality yet, but it's a relatively cheap punt and I particularly like the satin / brushed finish to the metalwork.

Jams

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Cool. Glad you found something that would work out for you.

Reactions: Jams_123

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Worth a shot :)

To close this thread off if anyone raises this again - I've found these guys in the UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G10-NATO-...-choice-of-Colour-Buckle-Finish-/291166107940

They're 295mm long which is around 20-30mm longer than most other offerings I found. I can't testify to the quality yet, but it's a relatively cheap punt and I particularly like the satin / brushed finish to the metalwork.

Jams
nice choice...those colors should go good with that sapphire bezel...the numbers play peek a boo spending on the light...you get flashes of black & silver...

i have the same steinny O44 & incoming STEINNY OVM...bothfrom GNOMONWATCH.COM

please post how the XL NATO BOND MOD turns out

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know black and grey isn't exactly the most imaginative of choices, but I think it'll look pretty sweet. I also got carried away and ordered a Blue and White. Not sure if that will go as well but I can always try it on something else.

I've never worn a nato before so I may not even get on with them.

I ordered the Ocean 44 from Gnomon too. The UK disty is Chronomaster.co.uk but he never seems to have stock. Sods law he has stock of the O44 today! The price will work out pretty similar after import duty, but mine will be better travelled than me!

UPS seem to think it will be delivered tomorrow but it was in India 2 hours ago so I don't fancy their chances much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts