Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Greetings Watch Freek community!

I just joined last night and liking the layout and vibe a lot so far.

I hail from Long Island, NY, and while new here, am a member of other forums and sites. My other passion is racing, my favorite being F1.

I have a varied collection, mostly Invicta and peppered with Stuhrling Originals, Crotons, Renatos, Marina Militares, Helixes and NFWs, to name a few. My prized pieces are a Movado 800 Series anda Hamilton Khaki Titanium Frogman.

I've been a fan of watches ever since my dad gave me my first watch, a gold-plated Gruen, for my 10th birthday. I collected a bit in the 80s, mostly Swatch watches, and then the 90s, mostly Bulova - loved the Marine Star collection. I picked up the collecting bug in late 2006, and made the bulk of my collecting in 2009. My collecting is on pause whileI contemplatehow I want my acquisitions to continue. I have about 3 watches on my wish-list for 2010.

Well, that's about all for now. Some of you know me, some will get to know me lol. I hope to add value and contribute in a positive way. I hear good things about this place, and am sure my expectations will be met. Thanks to TVDinner for the nudge to join!

Thanks for your time and I look forward to my time here.

Jorge, AKA Jay Squared, AKA JJ, AKA J2, AKA Jay

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Jay

Welcome to Freeks.....I hope to see some pictures of your collection and have you share your passion with us. This is a great site and we have a good time sharing our obsession......

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Live from NY

It's Saturday Night......

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

And this is what I call a hearty welcome! Thanks guys!
I see you Arnie, Jack(Prime) and Rick (CurrentTime)! Good to see you here as well!
Rick! Canada this year for the Canadian F1 GP? I'm going brotha!
Thanks again for the welcome and posts to my "collection" shots!!

Oh, SpaceView, Jack Bauer killed MacGuyver LOL

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Nobody kills MarcGyver!!!!

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/PUxxI28zhNc&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/TF8uL16Uurg&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Jay Squared wrote:
And this is what I call a hearty welcome! Thanks guys!
I see you Arnie, Jack(Prime) and Rick (CurrentTime)! Good to see you here as well!
Rick! Canada this year for the Canadian F1 GP? I'm going brotha!
Thanks again for the welcome and posts to my "collection" shots!!

Oh, SpaceView, Jack Bauer killed MacGuyver LOL
I'm going as well! My Uncle and I are going. I'm paying for the trip as my Uncle bought the tickets. He won't tell me which Grandstand . . . but I have a sneaking suspicion it's the "hairpin"!!!!! :c

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
imported post

Welcome aboard Jay. Good to have you here.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.