Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What do you do when confronted with a liar while online...Do you ignore it, 'cuz the reality is, we really don't know the truth about someone on the internet...OR...Do you confront the person with their lies ?...Personally, chances are, I'm going to ignore it...I was going to say that if it was someone I was friendly with, I would confront them but, I'm never going to be friends with someone I think lies so, that point is moot.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Typically I will ignore it if it is a pointless discussion or something i am not interested in. Isn't the entire internet a place you can hide "behind the computer" and be anything you want to be (talk short thin old young smart etc etc). I have always felt that in many ways the internet is the ultimate fantasy land for many to embellish their lives and personal characteristics.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Isn't the entire internet a place you can hide "behind the computer" and be anything you want to be (talk short thin old young smart etc etc).
Yes, it is a place for one to hide & embellish but, I think that prolly takes some skill & a VERY good memory...When I think I am being lied to online my very first thought is that the person lying is hiding the reality of their own life...Chances are, their life is probably the exact opposite of what he/she is actually stating that it is...And I NEVER believe a braggart, I laugh, I snicker, I roll my eyes, belief never even enters the equation...I think they are a joke.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

the first offense is usually a lie to themselves - then they create this little fantasy world in which they "live" if only in their minds

its sad because in the end -they will have to face up to reality and be themselves -and when they dont know who that is -it can be very painful to start "anew" and BE someone

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Typically, I let it go. Like others have mentioned in the past, it kinda silly to argue and fight on the internet.

I find that liars and otherwise obnoxious people "reveal" themselves on websites, then they go away (or are chased away).

Often, if they don't get the attention that they desperately need in real life, they seek it online. For us to engage them in this "attention-seeking" only fuels their behavior. I find that it's much better to ignore, than get caught up in it.

In my experience, you can't "win" with a liar . . . you can only hope that they somehow go away!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Good question! I personally hate liars! This also depends on where the lie is posted on the internet. There are certain sites that allow known liars to continue to lie to the people for whatever reason and that really pi**es me off! I personally call them out and depending on their answer, I just usually let it go after I call them out. At least calling them out in public lets others see that the person is a liar.

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

Its just the internet, it might be a five year old kid or someone not even in America, its all like water on a ducks back.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I think it's time that I come forward and let everybody know that my real identity is Brad Pitt. Me and Angelie are trying to work things out in case you were wondering.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
my real identity is Brad Pitt.
I think it is entirely possible that you could turn my brown eyes blue.

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
What do you do when confronted with a liar while online...Do you ignore it, 'cuz the reality is, we really don't know the truth about someone on the internet...OR...Do you confront the person with their lies ?...Personally, chances are, I'm going to ignore it...I was going to say that if it was someone I was friendly with, I would confront them but, I'm never going to be friends with someone I think lies so, that point is moot.
Ignore it, some people are just not worth the trouble

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
imported post

There are two ways to react to a perceived lie (or real lie for that matter) from the internet warriors out there:

1. Ignore them or
2. Call them on it

Number 1 is easier, but it allows them to keep up the lie and continue to contaminate the environment.

Number 2 is more difficult, but it brings light to the issue and helps others. This one sometimes ends up like beating a dead horse...

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

(Scarface)

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

I just ignore them, but if it's on the internet and you don't know them personally then how do you know that it's a lie?

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

No big loss learning about a liar; ignore them. Like anything else, you quickly learn to sort the good from the bad.

CJ

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

andrema wrote:
There are two ways to react to a perceived lie (or real lie for that matter) from the internet warriors out there:

1. Ignore them or
2. Call them on it

Number 1 is easier, but it allows them to keep up the lie and continue to contaminate the environment.

Number 2 is more difficult, but it brings light to the issue and helps others. This one sometimes ends up like beating a dead horse...
Hey brother, you know alot about calling some people out when they are lying or posting pics that aren't their own!! LOL

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
andrema wrote:

1. Ignore them or
2. Call them on it

Hey brother, you know alot about calling some people out when they are lying or posting pics that aren't their own!! LOL
Yep...I got myself in "trouble" while doing so...Oh well, life goes on and IMHO it was well worth it.

I see no reason to lie on the internet, what does it really get you. Sure, the person probably gets a charge out of it and it makes them feel temporarily more important. But in the long run, the person will need to always watch what they say so they don't expose theirselves to their past misdeeds.

You will never get a lie out of me on these sites, it is just a big waste of time!

·
Registered
119 Posts
imported post

If you are involved with a liar, online or off, it does not take long to discover it.

Online, I ignore it.

In my personal life...it's bye bye liar...don't come back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts