Watch Freeks banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled the trigger on one of these today. The whole package looks like its going to be amazing. I've always wanted a rolex explorer type of watch but the Armida and the Smith's both have that plastic crystal. Is anyone else considering buying one of these?

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
This one?

Since it is a preorder, and they don't have any prototype pics, I would avoid it personally. It is kind of over-sized for an explorer homage, and IMO it cost too much considering I never heard of the company until you posted about it.

It does look nice, but the specs are underwhelming to me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They already sold out of the chronographs and the acionna is a hit too. The owner is a member of this site and a good egg too. Same size as the Rolex explorer II. Seems to have all the right stuff.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
They already sold out of the chronographs and the acionna is a hit too. The owner is a member of this site and a good egg too. Same size as the Rolex explorer II. Seems to have all the right stuff.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I hope it does well. I have a soft spot for the Explorer, and like you have't found quite the right homage to add to my collection.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I hope it does well. I have a soft spot for the Explorer, and like you have't found quite the right homage to add to my collection.
The company started out on WUS and Kickstarter and has produced quite a few models already and now has a few more on preorder. They seem to be a stand up company and deliver what they promise.

·
Registered
967 Posts
L & H have established a very good reputation in the last year. I have their blue Riccardo and it is beautiful. No problems. Chris has a large presence on WUS and recently started a very detailed thread on crowd fund scammers!

His latest two offering haven't quite hit it from me for a variety of reasons but this looks good

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
Size is squarely in my sweet spot. I like the dial and handset

But pre-order?

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I see the name I think of the band Huey Lewis and the News. :)
I'm guessing that's what a lot of people think, but the name does have a distinct meaning and if you read the Bio, I think a lot of people would appreciate where Doc is coming from.

I like the name, logo and where the company is headed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts