Watch Freeks banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Oris Freek
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is amazing that lighting in the black. where did you bought this BULOVA...
I pay attention to this brand seldom.
You can buy them most anywhere in the USA. Judging by your internet accent and lack of location. Maybe they are not so popular in Europe. But you can find them on just about any internet watch shop or you could take your chances on ebay. Seeing that they are very robust movements. Ebay is where you'll probably find one for the cheapest.
If you're not familiar with the UHF/Precisionist. They are quartz movements with a very unique feature of having a smooth sweeping second hand that beats 16 times per second. The stepping is virtually non-existent to the naked eye. They are also among the most accurate movements ever made. They are advertised at +/- 10 seconds a year. I have four of them. Two are +/- 15 seconds a year. While the other two come in at +/- 20 to 30 seconds a year.
The picture you refer to is standard lume.
Bulova is a USA/Swiss conglomerate that has been making watches since 1875. I am a big fan and have many in my collection. I think you would be very happy with one of these. I can sit and watch the smooth second hand all day. But I have better things to do like watch the Masters (golf) right now. Below is a link that will give you more information on Bulova's latest lineup. But some of their best designs were actually born out of the 60's and 70's. A very classic and innovative brand indeed.

http://www.bulova.com/

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
:smile-thumb:My new Bulova UHF Military 3 hand on Ocean 7 Shark Mesh, a match made in heaven, at least to me :smile-thumb:

Reactions: Myke

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
Dang. I've never wanted to buy a watch JUST for the caseback....until now.
Gorgeous.

I have purchased a couple based largely on the case backs,

Longines Legend Diver

Eterna Kon Tiki Date

Nobody buys a Rolex based on their case backs, because there isn’t much to see there except a lot of open real estate where you can put engravings like "To Fred for his 30 years Service the Acme Ball Bearing Company" ;)

·
Oris Freek
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have purchased a couple based largely on the case backs,

Longines Legend Diver

Eterna Kon Tiki Date

Nobody buys a Rolex based on their case backs, because there isn’t much to see there except a lot of open real estate where you can put engravings like "To Fred for his 30 years Service the Acme Ball Bearing Company" ;)
LMAO !!! Thats hilarious... And so true. But I think you need at least 50 years or selling your soul to get a Rolex these days.
Nice pics of the other case backs. Figured I'd bring this thread back up so you could show off your new UHF. Nice buy. :smile-thumb2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.