Watch Freeks banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
White dial faux tuna

A group shot with the black dial faux tuna, I’m going to play around with mods on this one.
The bottle cap and the sports 5 rally diver reissue SBSS003. The SKZ061 is identical looking to the SBSS003, but has a fixed bezel, it was mostly sold in Japan. When the SBSS003 started going up in price, unscrupulous sellers were selling them as the SBSS003 to unsuspecting buyers and they all thought they had a broken bezel. Mine is the real SBSS003, orange dial and working bezel.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
When they changed the logo recently. I hated it. But the newest collections just blew me away. I recently signed on to Worn & Wound's blog. The first article they send me has this champagne dialed beauty of a watch on a Milanese Mesh bracelet and I just melted. I read the article which described how they were going back to the original Seiko 5 rules and roots and were going to create all of the watches from one case. A slightly modified iconic SKX007 case no less.
Five minutes after I finished the article. I had one of those champagne dialed beauties on the way to my house. Then after I perused the website. I immediately found another soulmate. I don't usually go in for black watches. But this one had a matte case, satin dial and a gloss Milanese Mesh bracelet with the absolutely perfect color of blue accents to go with the black. Five minutes later one of those was on it's way home. I wanted the teal diver but this was getting out of hand as I wanted the whole collection.
When I took delivery of the watches, they just screamed quality from a entry level piece. Drilled lugs, better bracelets and just better all around construction. And I love that they went back to the original Seiko 5 rules.
I found that if you stared at the logo I originally hated. It really didn't look like a 5 or an S. To me, it was a medieval shield with two diagonal stripes on it.
Then I discovered the Presages. Well, that's a whole other story... I'm loving the journey.😍😁

·
Registered
862 Posts
When they changed the logo recently. I hated it. But the newest collections just blew me away. I recently signed on to Worn & Wound's blog. The first article they send me has this champagne dialed beauty of a watch on a Milanese Mesh bracelet and I just melted. I read the article which described how they were going back to the original Seiko 5 rules and roots and were going to create all of the watches from one case. A slightly modified iconic SKX007 case no less.
Five minutes after I finished the article. I had one of those champagne dialed beauties on the way to my house. Then after I perused the website. I immediately found another soulmate. I don't usually go in for black watches. But this one had a matte case, satin dial and a gloss Milanese Mesh bracelet with the absolutely perfect color of blue accents to go with the black. Five minutes later one of those was on it's way home. I wanted the teal diver but this was getting out of hand as I wanted the whole collection.
When I took delivery of the watches, they just screamed quality from a entry level piece. Drilled lugs, better bracelets and just better all around construction. And I love that they went back to the original Seiko 5 rules.
I found that if you stared at the logo I originally hated. It really didn't look like a 5 or an S. To me, it was a medieval shield with two diagonal stripes on it.
Then I discovered the Presages. Well, that's a whole other story... I'm loving the journey.😍😁

Great pieces!

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Really like this one but it's not without its drawbacks, the too-flat crystal which I'm replacing with AR coated sapphire, and the pedestrian 7S36 movement, which I may be able to swap out with a 4R36, still researching that. Also the compass crown is non screw-down so that just spins haphazardly. Don't really care about that though.

Good WR and some nice case finishing, a blend of brushed, sandblasted and polished. Drilled lugs are always welcome too.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Really like this one but it's not without its drawbacks, the too-flat crystal which I'm replacing with AR coated sapphire, and the pedestrian 7S36 movement, which I may be able to swap out with a 4R36, still researching that. Also the compass crown is non screw-down so that just spins haphazardly. Don't really care about that though.

Good WR and some nice case finishing, a blend of brushed, sandblasted and polished. Drilled lugs are always welcome too.

I'm surprised it's not a screw down crown considering it's 200M water resistance. 😲

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Well I assume the compass mechanism poses no threat to the seals of the movement. The main crown to adjust time/day/date does screw down, for the record.

I think this was the first Seiko 5 to offer 200m WR.
Oops sorry....missed the word "compass". Thought you were referring to the main crown. Very nice Seiko by the way!!!

Reactions: enricosonic
61 - 74 of 74 Posts