Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Do you make your home in a place that gets snow ?...The ocean keeps my atmosphere to warm to get much, if any, snow but, I grew up in a place where it snowed a great deal & lasted for months...I LOVE snow & all the outdoor activities associated with it...Is it a pain or a pleasure to you ?

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

LET IT SNOW...LET IT SNOW...LET IT SNOW

Bite your tongue.

It's nice as long as you don't have to drive in it, shovel it, put salt on it and ummm, oh yeah, be cold with it.

Other than that it's OK.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I loved snow as a kid but I hate going to work or trying to get home in a snow storm.. It also plays havoc with my work schedule.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

It snowed a few years ago here, made the national news because it was the first time in 100 years or something (I'm as far south as Miami, almost... about 400 miles S. of San Diego CA (Latitude)I live in the very tip of Texas.

We were in Southern Mexico at the time and my kids are still mad that they missed the snow!

I was born in Sioux Falls SD and grew up in Denver. Had Plenty of white Christmases. I'm DONE with 'em!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Being in Indiana I get alot of snow. I hate to drive in it though. I'm in sales and drive between 40,000 and 50,000 miles a year so when it snows, it ruins my day! Also, I have rheumatoid arthritis and the cold really makes my joints hurt so I'm not a big fan of winter!

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . . Grew up in British Columbia, Prince Rupert and then just south of Whistler Mountain.

I've had my fill of snow! Shoveled more of it than I care to remember . . . . :madd

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

There's a slight chance we may see some snow in central Carolina on Friday night/Sat morning! (say that 3 times, fast)

I grew up in Pennsylvania. We had a good bit of snow in the Laurel Highlands.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi Duchess,We live south of Chicago so we get our share of snow. We had a few flakes today. It is simply gorgeous to see a fresh snowfall on the trees. What makes winters difficult are large accumulations, the bone chilling cold and ice. We know it is comming so we try to make the best of it, when it arrives. When we get a heavy snow we hope that the "salt dropping and snow cleaning trucks" are doing their work so the streets are passable! We just try and make the best of Winter and look forward to Spring. ....Bob

·
Registered
48 Posts
imported post

We get some snow (about 4 feet over the winter) in WA, but no one knows how to drive in it, so it's a nightmare. I like it at the ski areas but could do without it on the roads. That being said . . . a white Christmas is always nice!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.