Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not looking for full big folding back pocket traditional wallet.

Looking for slim fit FRONT POCKET wallet options. Typically these are for a few credit cards and some folded cash.

Do you use one?

If yes can you post pic of yours and link to where you purchased it.

Let's see some!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I do custom orders and have a couple in stock, I have been carrying the one in the second picture everyday for about 6-8 months. Here are a few poor quality phone images of some...

I also have some ready to ship bifold card wallets... there is a review on this site.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the first picture (with the watch and stuff) a lot. Can you post more pics and details of that one (each side, slots, etc). You can private message me pricing.

For reference I have used a leather shoulder bag for business for 20+ years. It was purchased for me by a family member from a street vendor in Italy. I would love if possible to match it leather/color wise if possible. If not I would go for black leather probably.

Here is a quick (bad) picture I just took of the bag (I am on a plane for work right now lol)

Keep the suggestions coming!

-

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the pic I initially was referring to.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Kickstarter has a ton of slim wallet projects. Have you checked them out? I have seen a few that I like.

I wear my wallet in my left front pocket and I am always on the hunt for a large wallet that wears like a slim wallet. I have yet to find the perfect one. I still have a bulky wallet in the front pocket. But it holds everything I need.

I am hoping when Coin comes out that I will be able to reduce the number of items in my wallet and then can find a slim one that will really work for me.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Is coin not out yet? Seems like I've been hearing about that one for ages.

I've got a bit different wallet problem. I like a large, not thick at all, wallet that spreads things out so as not to stack them and build the Costanza. Always wanted a passport size leather with nice spread out horizontal card slots. Wife found me a similar Calvin klieg one but it only has the slots on one side and I'd want both. If any if the leather guys can do something like this for me I'd love to hear from you!

I keep my wallet contents to a bare minimum and used to use the kind you're talking about. Not that I have three kids there's just a few more things I need with me so unfortunately that won't ork anymore.

Cash goes in my front pocket regardless. If someone wants to pick pocket me there at least I'll get some pocket pool out of the deal!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Coin is still in the testing phase. I pre-ordered.

Nobody should do this.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
That's a great bag. It looks to be excellent quality, and it must be if it has lasted 20 years. I usually carry a similar style ( I guess its a messenger bag?) on my bike, not leather though.
I like the first picture (with the watch and stuff) a lot. Can you post more pics and details of that one (each side, slots, etc). You can private message me pricing.

For reference I have used a leather shoulder bag for business for 20+ years. It was purchased for me by a family member from a street vendor in Italy. I would love if possible to match it leather/color wise if possible. If not I would go for black leather probably.

Here is a quick (bad) picture I just took of the bag (I am on a plane for work right now lol)

Keep the suggestions coming!

-

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
517 Posts
I didn't know a front pocket wallet existed. I've always been a little leery of having a couple or so credit cards back to back, I thought the magnetic strips went bad if they made direct contact with other credit cards, so they have to be spaced out? The back pocket of my summer shorts is narrower than the back pocket in my jeans and can't handle my bulky leather wallet, so in the summer I switch to a slim nylon wallet I purchased from eBay for $4.99 plus free shipping. I wanted a thin bi-fold so I did an eBay search and came up with none I liked that held bills plus a couple of credit cards plus my ID plus my health insurance card. After scouring eBay I found and bought a tri-fold and it turns out I am extremely pleased with it. It ships from a USA company and is so popular that the Navy blue went out of stock last week. This wallet has an additional small pocket in the bill area, good for perhaps the hotel room key when you're on travel. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolfs-Mens-Tri-Fold-Nylon-Wallet-with-6-Card-Slots-ID-Window-Hidden-Pockets-/390760531481?pt=Wallet&var=&hash=item5afb248619

·
Registered
53 Posts
I didn't know a front pocket wallet existed. I've always been a little leery of having a couple or so credit cards back to back, I thought the magnetic strips went bad if they made direct contact with other credit cards, so they have to be spaced out? The back pocket of my summer shorts is narrower than the back pocket in my jeans and can't handle my bulky leather wallet, so in the summer I switch to a slim nylon wallet I purchased from eBay for $4.99 plus free shipping. I wanted a thin bi-fold so I did an eBay search and came up with none I liked that held bills plus a couple of credit cards plus my ID plus my health insurance card. After scouring eBay I found and bought a tri-fold and it turns out I am extremely pleased with it. It ships from a USA company and is so popular that the Navy blue went out of stock last week. This wallet has an additional small pocket in the bill area, good for perhaps the hotel room key when you're on travel. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolfs-Mens-Tri-Fold-Nylon-Wallet-with-6-Card-Slots-ID-Window-Hidden-Pockets-/390760531481?pt=Wallet&var=&hash=item5afb248619
I'm with you, go to Ebay and pick one up cheap. Most of the trendier names, are way overpriced for sure !

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I'm with you, go to Ebay and pick one up cheap. Most of the trendier names, are way overpriced for sure !

It depends on what you like.
My wallet is handmade, so is all my jewelry. I like knowing it was made by a craftsman, and having something that will look good and last for years and years instead of something mass produced. But many don't care about that, they just want something to hold their cash and don't care what it really looks like.
Same with watch straps, I prefer the custom handmade ones, we all like and appreciate different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Interesting one I found online - http://www.trihold.com/

Not sure I like the metal part but the design seems interesting. A little more of a "wallet" feel then I am looking for.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts