Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Which one of your inexpensive watches gets the most wrist time?

I am talking about the inexpensive watch you bought and thought would just sit in your watch box, but it actually gets on your wrist regularly!

For me it is my yellow OG III I picked it up on one of the daily deal holiday sales for $60 (or something silly like that). I thought it would only get worn every now and then. The bracelet is SUPER rattly and the yellow is OK. BUT I end up wearing it a lot when we are working in our warehouse or loading trucks, etc. Also on the weekends it finds it's way onto my arm when I am playing with my son.

HOW ABOUT YOU?

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Easy. I picked this up on WOW for $45 in a one hour deal. I wear it often. It is my Packers watch as it goes well with my Packer shirt for football Sunday.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

I don't know if it's my least expensive....some of those have gotten the same treatment as some of RipitRon's watches...tossed out of a moving car!!! But I wear my Invicta Sea Spider almost everyday...it's tough, light weight and I have always enjoyed wearing it because it isn't hot...it doesn't make my wrist sweat.

Plus...I like the big, beefy look it has and I still get lots of compliments on the watch!!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

I find myself wearing my Magico carbon fiber dial watch alot, very comfortable and sturdy. It was gifted to me on WG's a couple of months ago and its been on my wrist several times a week for work.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Having a somewhat large collection I have a wide range of inexpensive watches that I picked up along the way. I try to fit them all (if I really like them) into my rotation. Price is never the indicator for me whether it will get more wrist time.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Great choice TP....I've always liked that watch!

CJ

thunderingpants wrote:
I find myself wearing my Magico carbon fiber dial watch alot, very comfortable and sturdy. It was gifted to me on WG's a couple of months ago and its been on my wrist several times a week for work.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

I have this Croton Aquamatic that I wear alot. I think I paid around $45 for it. It's actually a pretty nice watch 200m water resistance unidirectional bezel. It also has one of the most comfortable rubber straps I've ever worn.

It has a couple battle scars that I need to polish out one of these days.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

very nice i like the dial on that one!!

toecutter wrote:
I have this Croton Aquamatic that I wear alot. I think I paid around $45 for it. It's actually a pretty nice watch 200m water resistance unidirectional bezel. It also has one of the most comfortable rubber straps I've ever worn.

It has a couple battle scars that I need to polish out one of these days.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

andrema wrote:
My Blue Monster gets a bunch of wrist time...but it wasn't too cheap...I didn't think that it would get the wrist time though
Please post some pictures of this one and provide some info if you can. I am very interested in these rare Monsters. I have a friend in India looking for one for me.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Lowest priced watch that still get's wrist time is my Seiko Orange Monster. I have less than $128 in it.

The one that I have been surprised at the love per $$$ ratio would have to be the Tungsten Croton w/ Sellita & sapphire. I knew I'd love the Accutrons (and I do), but I am MUCH more impressed with this watch than I expected. I have worn it SEVERAAL times per week since it arrived. It was well under $300

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

Wow, DeWard, a lot of miles on that baby.

Bet it still works pretty good, too.

Thanks for popping in!!!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

great answers everyone. I love seeing how people answer on questions like this one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.