Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2.5 years of awesomeness, I think it may be time to give ole #40 a new pair of shoes. I know George offers the rubber AutoPilot strap as an option but haven't seen any pics of the WatchFreeks LE on it. Has anyone here switched theirs up, and if so do you like it? Did you have to send the watch to NFW to get it swapped out (as George recommends), or can you do it yourself with basic watch tools? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I don't have any pics handy, but I have worn it on an isofrane, and I personally didn't have any issue with the lug screws or removing the bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TC. I just whipped this up, but hopefully someone can do better!

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
I have a black Autopilot, and swap straps on it often. I'm assuming yours came with two tools to unscrew the bars from either side, so swapping is fairly easy with any 24mm strap.

The stock rubber is nice, though a lint magnet. I had planned on picking up either an Isofrane or a CUDA rubber for mine when I am not wearing it on SNPR Leather.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I have a black Autopilot, and swap straps on it often. I'm assuming yours came with two tools to unscrew the bars from either side, so swapping is fairly easy with any 24mm strap.

The stock rubber is nice, though a lint magnet. I had planned on picking up either an Isofrane or a CUDA rubber for mine when I am not wearing it on SNPR Leather.

Yeah the stock strap is definitely a lint magnet, made from silicone. Isofrane or cuda a much better choice.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips. How's the thickness on the stock AP rubber? I had a Breitling SuperOcean ages ago, and I loved the Hershey bar strap on it. Aside from Isofrane, I haven't been able to find any aftermarket rubber straps of that thickness. Haven't heard of CUDA, so I will be Googling...

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Thanks for the tips. How's the thickness on the stock AP rubber? I had a Breitling SuperOcean ages ago, and I loved the Hershey bar strap on it. Aside from Isofrane, I haven't been able to find any aftermarket rubber straps of that thickness. Haven't heard of CUDA, so I will be Googling...
Cuda straps are basically an isofrane homage, they are very very very close in terms of look, size, type of rubber etc. Both Cuda and Isofrane straps are about 4-5mm thick I believe off hand.

You can buy Cuda straps straight from Benarus Website.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts