Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have not really watch much late night tv shows in the past year, but I have been reading up online about the ratings debaucle between Conan And Leno........

For anyone who does not know , Nbc is not happy with the ratings of either show and now feel that Conan has had suffecient time to try and make his show work , and that they want to bump the Tonight Show to 12:05 am and put Jay on right after the news for a half hour show. Conan is not budging, Jay is whining, and now the two are in a battle with the networks and each other.........

My opinion, ........im not saying Jay is the best, but in my opinion, He is better than Conan.....Conan was good in the late late show, but I thought it was the worst Idea to move him to the Tonight show......Ill be honest, I find Conan to be stupid, .....not funny......not sure if thats what hes going for , but Conan comes of as sophmoric .......and just doesnt do it for me....

but it will be interesting to see where they go with the network and what happens to the shows........

this isnt groundbreaking discussion here, but anyone have any comments?

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I'm a Letterman fan so the NBC guys can beat each other up as far as I'm concerned. I never saw the attraction of Leno or Conan. In fact I like Craig Ferguson better then either of them. Go DAVE!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Yeah i have been following it...Me personally I like Leno better but I heard that Conan is not giving in and quitting...He rather quit then be pushed around...I kinda agree with him but if my job was at stake I would have to go with the flow...what ever works...but then i again I'm sure he does not have to worry about money anyway...

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

when Carson retired i gave up on that show

nothing against Leno -i was a huge Johnny Carson fan

I know I know i'm showing my age!!!

Leno has his crowd that follows him and Conan was kinda weird the few times i saw him - so i can see Leno/NBC pushing Conan aside easily

when Carson retired i switched to Letterman

dont stay up that late anymore .....but I would choose Letterman

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I have been watching closely because it is a great real life drama.

1) I am a Letterman guy and have always disliked Leno in general

2) That being said moving Leno, who was #1 at the time from the TONIGHT SHOW, was unquestionably the dumbest move ever and ever, regardless if they lost Conan or not

3) Conan has EVERY RIGHT not to accept any move or change. He has a contract. Ultimately I think he will get fired or quit and end up on Fox competing at the 11:30-35pm time slot

The jokes by EVERYONE about this have been very funny, and some downright mean, but that has been great for us.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I agree completetly -why change a good thing?? kinda stupid!!!

Conan is going to get the short end of the stick -but hey he'll probably make more money going to FOX anyways!!!!

TVDinner wrote:

2) That being said moving Leno, who was #1 at the time from the TONIGHT SHOW, was unquestionably the dumbest move ever and ever, regardless if they lost Conan or not

3) Conan has EVERY RIGHT not to accept any move or change. He has a contract. Ultimately I think he will get fired or quit and end up on Fox competing at the 11:30-35pm time slot

The jokes by EVERYONE about this have been very funny, and some downright mean, but that has been great for us.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
I agree completetly -why change a good thing?? kinda stupid!!!

Conan is going to get the short end of the stick -but hey he'll probably make more money going to FOX anyways!!!!

TVDinner wrote:

I think Conan should move to the 12:05 slot and sleep through his show until they offer him buy out, then go to FOX.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

There's only one solution.................

THUNDERDOME!!!

Two men enter, one man leaves.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
No offense..they can all just go away as well as most TV.:b

CJ
Come on CJ. If TV goes away who will run the forum. :lol

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Good point Marc; James can stay........:b

CJ
I'm sure he will be glad to hear that.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/uN6Q2YFFteQ&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

To be honest I would be happy to be either Leno or Conan because both of these guys make way too much money and do very little. I look at them like overpaid athletes. They will never be happy no matter what you pay them. I don't feel bad for either one b/c I would love to make the kind of money they do to just sit and BS with celebrities. JMHO that's all.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Zucker is the moron responsible for the whole debacle. Let's see how the new owners of NBC deal with THAT brainchild...

I wonder if Conan sits on a beach and makes 20 million for breach of contract or if FOX puts him on at 11:00pm - Midnight to go up against local news and Leno's half hour.

Should be interesting.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

I like Leno. Letterman is a boob. Conan was better when on later.

Conan gets $80 mil to walk away from his show. No tears for him.

The Tonight Show was Leno's until NBC Execs thought they could save some money and put him in prime time instead of new shows. I hope Leno gets back the Tonight Show and they keep Jimmy Fallon for the late show. Maybe Conan can go to Fox.

Looks like it is going to sort out soon as Conan's last show is 1/22 and Leno's last show at 10pm is 2/12.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.