Watch Freeks banner

L&B Schaumburg, dont settle for a copy

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  stien57 
#1 ·
imported post

L&B Schaumburg COSC Aquamatic: the watch that started this watch case craze! This Case is made in Germany and dont let anyone to you anything different! Enzo took this design to china and had Longio(case and bracelet manufactor that small brands can buy right off their shelves)copy it and you will find it on a bunch of brands! Enzo, Ocean7, Benarus, Deep Blue, Bali'hai, MTM just to name a few but schaumburg is the only German made case, Swiss ETA COSC movement that runs well within specs at about 1 second a day...

Do your homework and you will find out who is making these watches for these bands with no manufactoring address!!;)

See less See more
#4 ·
imported post

Trev, very cool, and thanks for posting this..........ive been meaning to get the german watch forum started, just havent had the time. Its sad that this case has been copied so many times, but it also must be nice to know that you have the original and best. ........love the design and the watch, wear it well brother............

#6 ·
imported post

incredible watch. beyond the watch i do wonder with all of these watches that come in the bigger presentation boxes like that what you are paying for "the packaging"? i wish they had an option where you could just get the watch alone at a lower price. all those boxes just end up in closets in the end anyway (or a lot of them do)

#7 ·
imported post

liquid wrote:
incredible watch. beyond the watch i do wonder with all of these watches that come in the bigger presentation boxes like that what you are paying for "the packaging"? i wish they had an option where you could just get the watch alone at a lower price. all those boxes just end up in closets in the end anyway (or a lot of them do)
The only problem with this idea is that if you want to sell the watch down the road, most people will want the original packaging. A lot of times if a watch doesn't come with the outer box, inner box and all of other niceties it will not get top dollar. It doesn't bother me, but you often see comments regarding this on the sales forums.

#9 ·
imported post

i agree with you, but i also see an equal amount of watches sold "without the box" - i understand on some of these higher end brands having a bigger presentation, but that higher production cost has to be being sent down the line to the customer.

these watches, even the high end ones, don't cost anywhere near the prices they are sold for. so these boxes are like concession stands at professional sports. they are a way to add more to the overall bill imo.

#10 ·
imported post

liquid wrote:
so these boxes are like concession stands at professional sports. they are a way to add more to the overall bill imo.
I have to disagree with this one. IMO the presentation is part of the overall purchase, it adds to the overall impression of the watch and emphasizes the quality of a timepiece. In the case of Trevor's L&B, the pelican case is probably not a whole lot more expensive as an invicta yellow box...in addition, the case follows the intended function of the watch. Again...JMHO

#14 ·
imported post

Thanks for sharing this one with us. The watch and bracelet both look very heavy-duty. The crown guards look like they are an extension of the case.

The dial is especially clear and I like the effect of the larger numerals at 03, 06 and 12.

I won't touch the packaging issue other than to say they take up a large percentage of the available space in my watch closet.

I'd forgotten about watchbuys.com; they do carry a variety of unusual but high quality brands.

ENJOY that awesome watch!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.