Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

I just stumbled across this pic of the Korsbek Oceaneer which I think looks awesome!

Korsbek.jpg

I wasn't familiar with the brand, but I've read some great reviews about it. After a quick Google it appears that the Korsbek website doesn't work correctly and doesn't have anything on the products page when it does work. Are these guys still in business do you know?

I particularly like the rough, vintage look of the strap on this watch which ironically isn't standard, but is apparently a custom made by a guy called Paulo18(?). I think it works really well with the more classic look of the watch.

In the absence of this watch's availability, can anyone recommend something similar looking? Ideally around 44mm with a reasonably good automatic movement for <$1000.00.

Also, is there anywhere I could buy a similar style leather strap online (chunky 4 or 5mm thick leather)?

Cheers!

James

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks litlmn - I've had a look at used ones, but no one seems to want to ship them outside of the US unfortunately - That being said, the lugs look really long and thin which I hadn't noticed before. Looks a bit awkward in other lights?

I'll have a wade through the strap links - thanks for that! :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I think the Ocean Explorer has slightly shorter and thicker lugs, at least they appear so.

Reactions: Jams_123

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
If you can't find a used korsbek, take a look at the upcoming Bradystraps Diver. Similar case style and look., under $500.

And yes on SNPR straps. Also Greg Stevens and Rob Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BombFrog! Ha ha!

Looks pretty sweet actually.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I quite like the look of that - And not too bad on the pocket either.

I just found the Steinhart Triton which is pretty badass and has the ETA 2824-2 too:

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/TRITON-30ATM,309.html

Not too sure about the black strap but I'd change that out anyway, and 24mm lugs which appeals.

Big 45mm case, but it might not wear too big due to the chunky bezel?

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Take a look at these two....H2O Orca Dress or Dive, and the Zixen Nitrox II. Both of these are slightly over $1K on a stainless steel bracelet, but worth the money

Reactions: Jams_123

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey #4 - The Nitrox is really nice - Funnily enough I just saw someone post a new mini review of that and I fell a little bit in love!

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Hey #4 - The Nitrox is really nice - Funnily enough I just saw someone post a new mini review of that and I fell a little bit in love!
Pictures alone don't do this watch justice. The build quality and finishing on this watch are incredible for $1,000.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was just reading the review on the Raven actually - Nice job! Good looking watch, that - and 4000ft is pretty crazy!

Think I've set my mind on the Armida A1 now. But can I find one??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Was just reading the review on the Raven actually - Nice job! Good looking watch, that - and 4000ft is pretty crazy!

Think I've set my mind on the Armida A1 now. But can I find one??
Cant go wrong there. If you dont find one also look up amcon or ancon ?? they offer a 45 mm helson-ish diver brand new for 524 shipped !!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts