Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this KonTiki 4 Hands a few weeks ago and I'm really liking it. This is my second Eterna and the brand continues to impress me with their quality. I love the textured dial design and triangle markers on the KonTikis and the date circle with pointer hand is easier (for me) to read than a date window. Great size at 42mm, very solid feel, cool historical connection, good lume, and accuracy within 1 second/day. It came on a fantastic bracelet but the screws that hold the links are really tight. I haven't had time to work on it and size the bracelet so she's on mesh for now. Thanks for looking and here are a few photos.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Beautiful watches, these Kontikis. Congrats on this acquisition!

Reactions: Topspin917

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Very Nice!! I've never seen this model before. Thanks for sharing Congrats!!

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Gorgeous! I've also never seen this model before. The mesh does it justice, not bad, not bad at all! Eterna.Matic is very recognisable. Eterna are a brand that always was on the forefront of watch technology. Super KonTiki anyone? :D

·
Super Moderator
10,632 Posts
Holy cowza, this beauty ticks all of the boxes Topspin !!! :smileyface_hand_cla What's so neat is how this one pays homage to past Eterna's with it's dial set-up, and overall design. While becoming something totally new, and awesome ! :cool: :eek: I mean where else are you going to see a dial like this?! It's traditional, but 100% unique, and different from what brands are doing nowadays. ..Love that added texture in the center of the dial there. Really plays off that mesh. Wow ! Huge congrats on this stunner !

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gorgeous! I've also never seen this model before. The mesh does it justice, not bad, not bad at all! Eterna.Matic is very recognisable. Eterna are a brand that always was on the forefront of watch technology. Super KonTiki anyone? :D
Thanks for the comments guys. I think this model was introduced at least 5 years ago. I don't know if it's still being produced but they show up occasionally for sale NIB. Eterna doesn't get a lot of play on the forums so it flies under the radar but the quality equals that of brands selling at much higher price points.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Old company, lots of history: Eterna

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I was thinking about putting my Kon Tiki date on mesh, but the length of the lugs looks longer then yours, and I thought there might be too big of a gap between the mesh and the case?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking about putting my Kon Tiki date on mesh, but the length of the lugs looks longer then yours, and I thought there might be too big of a gap between the mesh and the case?

I also have a Date model like yours (light dial and black markers) and was wondering if the bracelet from the 4 Hands would fit the Date model so I could use it on both. Compared side by side, the Date looks like the lugs are a little longer so it might not work. Mesh works pretty well on the 4 Hands and there's not much gap between the mesh and the case, as you can see in the photos. I think mesh would look good on your black dial model so it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
yeah...it's very nice...and i covet it like i am not supposed to covet thy neighbor's wife -

cool historical connection resonates with me 2-

gobs of C3 my choice on black background-

congrats-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts