Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Eterna Kon Tiki has landed!

1st Impressions, I was pleasantly surprised that the bracelet was long enough to fit my 8” wrist, in fact I had to take it to my jeweler to have a couple of links removed. The screw in links are a *****!
The watch now fits my wrist perfectly. The watch came in a solid wood presentation box, impressive!

Watch came with warranty card and book, and instruction manual.

Fit and finish is right up their with my 16610 Sub, and the bracelet is superior in every way. The clasp is cut from a solid block of stainless steel and it almost as sturdy and solid as the new Rolex clasps on their new subs, only lacking the glide-lock micro adjustment feature.

At 42mm the watch looks to be all dial when compared to my 42mm Steinhart, since it has no timing bezel.

The dial is clear, clean and crisp, although the center impressed depiction of the Raroia reef is observable only at certain angles and lighting., but that’s ok, the overall look is outstanding,

The watch is super comfortable and looks sporty and classy all at the same time, sort of in an Aqua Terra manner. I was interested in the Aqua Terra a year or so back,, specifically the Skyfall model, but found the case was too thick with the 8500 movement and I took a pass. This one fits perfect.

The lume is impressive, the triangle 12, 3, 6 and 9 markers light up to back light the rhodium Arabic numerals.

Case back is an impressive engraving of Thor Heyerdahl’s Kon Tiki raft.

Being as sharp a looker, super comfortable and 200m WR, this watch will get a lot more wrist time then the Sinn U1 I flipped for it. This watch has the build quality of higher end watches, the only thing that holds it back from being higher class then it is, is the pedestrian movement., a Selllita SW200-1

Now if it runs as good as it looks, I will be a happy geezer.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
What a beauty!!

·
Super Moderator
10,582 Posts
Holy cowza Chazman, this one's just gorgeous ! :eek: :eek: Sounds, and looks like it really is one of those rare watches that ticks all of the boxes sir. :smile-thumb:Just looks wise it's got an unforgettable, and unmistakable design with the markers, and dial in general. Then you see the detail, as well as quality is on an epic level too with the finishing. The case-back alone is a work of art. Unbelievable ! Big congrats here Chazman ! Enjoy !!!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: Had the watch now for almost 24 hrs. It is running so far at +4 out of the box, so I am a happy camper!

I did last night something I never do, I wore the watch to bed with me. Went to bed at 11:pm, woke up to roll over right around 5:am and checked the time, the lume was glowing like they were chemical "Light Sticks", very impressive indeed!

The reason I wore the watch to bed was the bracelet is so comfortable, I thought I would give it a try.

The clasp (a solid block of Stainless steel) on the bracelet is a thing of beauty and the main reason for the comfort. Most folding clasps have some sort of overhang where the fold is located. This clasp managed to eliminate that completely.

I am still amazed at the fit and finish of this watch, it is comparable to watches costing $4k to $7K, and this watch cost me just short of $1,600.

This brand is a well kept secret. Iguanasell.com where I purchased the watch, is a solid Eterna AD and a breeze to deal with. They also are the ADs for several other brands, including Glycine.

And look Ma, no desk diver swirls that usually show up after a couple hours of wearing an new watch!

Reactions: scotty

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
thx 4 the update CHAZ...had a feeling them C3 TRIANGLES was gobbed on with the expensive SL

as i have said...after THOR HEYERDAHL's 1947 EPIC VOYAGE...ALL SPORT WATCHES MADE BY ETERNA are called KON-TIKI...must be a licensing deal

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now running at +3 on day two. Wore it yesterday from the minute I got out of bed 9:am, till I went back to bed at 11:30 last night. This watch has the most comfortable bracelet I have ever worn, bar none!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Retro homage done the right way! Eterna have it together.
LOL, I didn't know you could be a homage of yourself?

1958 Kon Tiki

Reactions: eddiea

·
Registered
414 Posts
LOL, I didn't know you could be a homage of yourself?

1958 Kon Tiki

Absolutely...and usually like in the case of the Panerai PAM 262 (PAM 3646), DOXA Sub 1200T (DOXA 300T), Omega (300), Squale (1541), Jaeger-leCoultre ( Tribute to Deep Sea Alarm) Jenny (Caribbean) etc. etc, they are by far, the best homages ....
Reissues , paying homage to their past ...the Kon Tiki is an excellent example ;)

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Awesome! Glad you got it. Really is a great piece. Should have hung on to mine.
The bracelet looks pretty smart on it too. I'd only seen the various strap models before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts