Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My wife dragged me out to Kohl's tonight to do some shopping. I made my usual trip by the watches. Always looking at the Citizen SkyHawks A-T. They were on sale for $521 -15% tonight. When I got to the counter there were 4 Kohl's employees and a customer with a Citizen Black Eagle in hand. They were trying to set the time without the manual. Nobody could help the poor customer and he really wanted to buy the watch. They had every manual out on the counter and each one was taking a turn pushing the buttons. The counter was covered with CD's but they had no computer to load them into to. They all looked very frustrated. I would think twice before I bought this type of watch at a Kohl's.

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Kohls is usually nice and polite, but I dont expect the jewelry people "who also happen to have to sell the watches" to know much. I never ask them to help me with technical issues.

I am a watch lover and know how set all my Gs with complicated modules just fine.

I had a Citizen SkyHawk, and even as a watch guy it took me a good bit of time to figure it out with the video and manual...not fair to expect the Kohls folks to be able to keep up with all the watches they sell, especially when it is as complicated as that one is.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

The Kohl's by me does not have watches as nice as Citizen. It is pretty disappointing. In general I have found that most employees in EVERY big box department store have very little idea about the watches they are selling. Sad.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

I should be clear that I did not expect the employees to know how to set the watch. But they should be able to find the manual and help the customer. Would you buy a $500 watch new and walk out of the store without the manual? Not me!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
The hardest watch in the world to set, but once its set you will never have to touch it again, you set the timezone and activitate the signal antenna and y
our off........
This will be my next purchase. No matter how long it takes i must have this one.

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

I need to get another one also, i love the JY0075 54E, i mean there the perfect watch, just set and forget and dead on the money everywhere in the world, bar none, Citizen is the best of the best watches in the world.

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

I know what ya meant...I didnt mean to come across crappy, was not my intent.

Spaceview wrote:
I should be clear that I did not expect the employees to know how to set the watch. But they should be able to find the manual and help the customer. Would you buy a $500 watch new and walk out of the store without the manual? Not me!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

watchcollector1968 wrote:
I know what ya meant...I didnt mean to come across crappy, was not my intent.

Spaceview wrote:
Not at all. I just thought I might not have been clear and I didn't want it to come off as if I was knocking the employees. Really a knock against Kohl's for how they manage the watch department.

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

These aren't easy to set.It took my 2 tries on my perpetual to get it right.problem with stores is, customers play with the buttons.At some point they accidently put the watch into program mode.Unless you know how to do the master reset and set the time, its not going to work.During the setting procedure, you have to get the analog and digital time to sync before the other functions work.I was playing with one about a month ago and set the countdown timer.The lady behind the counter freaked when Ishowed here the watch was running backwards.Then I left.:b

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Bad man, very bad man......
dedward wrote:
These aren't easy to set.It took my 2 tries on my perpetual to get it right.problem with stores is, customers play with the buttons.At some point they accidently put the watch into program mode.Unless you know how to do the master reset and set the time, its not going to work.During the setting procedure, you have to get the an$!og and digital time to sync before the other functions work.I was playing with one about a month ago and set the countdown timer.The lady behind the counter freaked when Ishowed here the watch was running backwards.Then I left.:b

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

This time of year...there are so many temp hires...you never know what your getting behind the counter. I don't expect much from salespeople at department stores...they get only a few hours of training....mainly on the cash registers and then they are off on their own. I ought to know...spent half my life in retail stores.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
The Kohl's by me does not have watches as nice as Citizen. It is pretty disappointing. In general I have found that most employees in EVERY big box department store have very little idea about the watches they are selling. Sad.
This is what I was wondering, the store near me only has Timex, Armitron, Coleman, and Casioand then some China cheap fashon watches.

I am not above wearing a Timex, Armitron, Casio, or Coleman if it were something I liked, some of the outdoorsey Colemans are nice, for quartz and digitals.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

The Kohl's here in NJ have Bulova, Citizen, Seiko, Casio, Armitron, Gruen, Timex, Wegner (up until recently), Pulsar and a few others.

Tera-Ram wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
This is what I was wondering, the store near me only has Timex, Armitron, Coleman, and Casioand then some China cheap fashon watches.

I am not above wearing a Timex, Armitron, Casio, or Coleman if it were something I liked, some of the outdoorsey Colemans are nice, for quartz and digitals.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.