Watch Freeks banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Was wondering if there are any precautions that need to be taken with a tungsten watch. I have a Swiss Legend Tungsten Pro in layaway that is close to being paid off. I have heard that Tungsten is brittle and the case and the band on this are made from this mineral. Any info. or thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

OK-tomorrow morning I get to go have the '50 year old' procedure done. You know..the one where you drink laxative and some other unknown grog and then they look inside you to make sure no polyps or cancer is inside you. Can't wait.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Hi all. I'm still here. Just got my oldest son off to college. (University of Oklahoma). The boy done got him a scholastic scholarship.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

I am proud. He has worked very hard the last 3 years in High School. Made all 'A'"s and did well in the state and national debate tourny's. Glad he's a bit more level headed than I am!

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Wanted to share a bad experience that was caused by ME, MYSELF, and I. Purchased a watch from a fellow collecter from another forum. Seller shipped the watch out very quickly. The only problem was..I had two addresses listed. One of course current and the other two years old. Well the watch went to the former address and the post office supposedly was returning it to the seller. No big deal, my mistake. Well the watch showed delivered to another zip code here in the city and it's gone. I contacted paypal to see if there was anything that could be done. They immediatly contacted the seller and boy did he get pissed at me. I called and emailed him to assure him that I was just trying to see if I could have anything done due to my blunder. Bottom line is I made a mistake and lost the money and the watch. I felt really bad for upsetting the seller. The lesson here is live and learn (without the watch or the money)!:wf

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Had a 3-4 watches and some silver 'burgled'about a month and a half ago. Gruen Curvex, Helix, etc. Property hearing on January 27th. God I hope I get my stuff back. Bought a safe and bolted the sob to the floor.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

kevco wrote:
Wanted to share a bad experience that was caused by ME, MYSELF, and I. Purchased a watch from a fellow collecter from another forum. Seller shipped the watch out very quickly. The only problem was..I had two addresses listed. One of course current and the other two years old. Well the watch went to the former address and the post office supposedly was returning it to the seller. No big deal, my mistake. Well the watch showed delivered to another zip code here in the city and it's gone. I contacted paypal to see if there was anything that could be done. They immediatly contacted the seller and boy did he get pissed at me. I called and emailed him to assure him that I was just trying to see if I could have anything done due to my blunder. Bottom line is I made a mistake and lost the money and the watch. I felt really bad for upsetting the seller. The lesson here is live and learn (without the watch or the money)!:wf
I did finally get this however.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

kevco wrote:
Had a 3-4 watches and some silver 'burgled'about a month and a half ago. Gruen Curvex, Helix, etc. Property hearing on January 27th. God I hope I get my stuff back. Bought a safe and bolted the sob to the floor.
Went to the property hearing this morning @ Tulsa County Court House. Got my release and got almost everything back from the pawn shop. The only thing missing is the $29.00 white SL Neptune. So grateful to get the Curvex,Helix, and SAN III GMT back plus all my silver jewelry.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

I just wanted to give a quick salute to Rodger (crotchhasteeth). He has been providing us as of late some very interesting threads and posts about his ongoing quest to be our official unofficial vintage watch repair service project manager re-builder strap making guy. Salute.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

TICKTOCK wrote:
I enjoy your blog. Sorry about your stuff being robbed.
Thanks for the kind words. It all worked out ok. I got back all the valuable pieces. The only thing MIA was a white on white SL Neptune that I only paid $29.00 for.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the shout out brother !

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Why? I filed my tax return on Feb. 2nd. A friend of mine who I work with filed his one day earlier..Feb. 1st. Both were filed electronically. He got his refund last week. I still haven't recd. mine and it might take until 3/6. Why oh why oh why?

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

My oldest son 'KC' was just initiated into the National Honor Society at the University of Oklahoma. No bad for a skinny kid for Broken Arrow Oklahoma. It doesn't come easy for him all the time. He studies hard and holds down a part-time job at a pizza joint. Well done son.

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
imported post

Wow, congrats to the both of you, proud Papa :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
imported post

Guess yours was the last blog to read this year. I enjoyed the read, hope all is well and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Now that 2013 is upon us here are some things I have experienced:

I have lost almost 50lbs and have kept it off.
I have been sober since 9/16/2007
I have a more closer relationship with my two boys.
I am still good friends w/the mother of my two boys.
I have more money,watches,clothing etc. than I need.
I am more open to the advice of others.
I am ready to keep doing the next right thing, whatever that may be.
Last but not least..I have acquired many new friends here and at other sites. If you folks have a spare moment get to know Rodger W. (crotchhasteeth), a member of this forum. This cat has it together and has talents I could only dream of.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
imported post

kevco wrote:
Now that 2013 is upon us here are some things I have experienced:

I have lost almost 50lbs and have kept it off.
I have been sober since 9/16/2007
I have a more closer relationship with my two boys.
I am still good friends w/the mother of my two boys.
I have more money,watches,clothing etc. than I need.
I am more open to the advice of others.
I am ready to keep doing the next right thing, whatever that may be.
Last but not least..I have acquired many new friends here and at other sites. If you folks have a spare moment get to know Rodger W. (crotchhasteeth), a member of this forum. This cat has it together and has talents I could only dream of.
All great stuff. Happy New Year and more of the great stuff above in 2013 for you!

·
Registered
673 Posts
imported post

You are truly blessed my friend.

Attachments

221 - 240 of 241 Posts