Watch Freeks banner

201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Got this off of ebay for $43.99. Seiko 5 Sports.Serial number 736431. I think it was made in March of 1970. Movement caliber 6319 -600LS automatic. Inner bezel rotates. Moded onto a Fossil JR8802 1 3/8 inch leather band. Looks and feels very solid. Picture is from seller w/generic black leather.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
imported post

Wow Kev..you really find some fun stuff. That watch style seems to be coming back IMO.

When I get a chance im going to do some routing around Ebay for some treasures. Thanks Kevin.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

To realize
> the value of a sister/brother
> ask someone
> who doesn't have one.
>
> To realize
> the value of ten years:
> ask a newly
> divorced couple.
>
> To realize
> the value of four years:
> ask a graduate.
>
> To realize
> the value of one year:
> ask a student who
> has failed a final exam.
>
> To realize
> the value of nine months:
> ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
>
> To realize
> the value of one month:
> ask a mother
> who has given birth to a premature baby..
>
> To realize
> the value of one minute:
> ask a person
> who has missed the train, bus or plane.
>
> To realize
> the value of one-second:
> ask a person
> who has survived an accident.
>
> Time waits for no one.
> treasure every moment you have.
>
> You will treasure it even more when
> you can share it with someone special.
>
> To realize the value of a friend or family member:
> LOSE ONE.
>
> The origin of this letter is unknown,
> but it brings good luck to everyone who passes it on.
>
> Remember....
>
> Hold on tight to the ones you love!
:wf

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Get to see my friend Misty this evening. Gonna gift her a Dolce and Gabbana I've had for a few months. She has had a rough week and this should help.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

14 inches of snow. Second day of not going to work. 8 degrees. Not much hope for tomorrow. Rats!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
imported post

Sorry about all the snow. I know many people are getting killed with the extreme weather.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Dug out and made it in to work. Nothing like 24 emails to address. Happy to be back however.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

More snow on the way. 5-8 inches by Wednesday. Love it, just love it.:(

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Found this Deauville 17 jewel military style dial on Ebay. Has fantastic patina on the dial and a green Hadley Roma ostrich skin strap. All this for $25.45 delivered. Believe the movement is from Galmor Watch Company which was in New York once upon a time. I am starting to really appreciate the speckled patina (aging) on some of these less expensive vintage pieces.

·
Registered
68 Posts
imported post

kevco wrote:
To realize
> the value of a sister/brother
> ask someone
> who doesn't have one.
>
> To realize
> the value of ten years:
> ask a newly
> divorced couple.
>
> To realize
> the value of four years:
> ask a graduate.
>
> To realize
> the value of one year:
> ask a student who
> has failed a final exam.
>
> To realize
> the value of nine months:
> ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
>
> To realize
> the value of one month:
> ask a mother
> who has given birth to a premature baby..
>
> To realize
> the value of one minute:
> ask a person
> who has missed the train, bus or plane.
>
> To realize
> the value of one-second:
> ask a person
> who has survived an accident.
>
> Time waits for no one.
> treasure every moment you have.
>
> You will treasure it even more when
> you can share it with someone special.
>
> To realize the value of a friend or family member:
> LOSE ONE.
>
> The origin of this letter is unknown,
> but it brings good luck to everyone who passes it on.
>
> Remember....
>
> Hold on tight to the ones you love!
:wf
Great post mate. Unfortunately some people just don't understand what is truly valuable. Money and material possessions are fine, but it's people that are worth more than anything else. I've had my ups and downs over the years and my attitude has changed drastically. I hope your friend Misty likes the watch you give her, and what is probably the most important part of the gift, and that's the sentiment that accompanies it from you. Cheers.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

With all the activity surrounding Invicta, another forum, etc. it makes me stand back and look at how my watch collection and collection techniques have evolved. I sure have changed the way I look at certain brands and the way I spend my money.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Man I'm tired. Haven't been getting home in the evenining till 8:30. AA meetings, AA service work, regular job, church, girl friend, Junior Achievement. Whew..need a nap.:BE

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

CFO Daniel T. counting the proceeds

Below, paying those pesky invoices.

Front Desk: CEO Makala aka 'Big Mac' on the left. Nikol, on the right runningthe sales end.

My son AJ taking a break at the Arbys counter. He was CFO of Linde Manf.

The bank and a shot of main street.

Here are some pictures from the Junior Achievement-BizTown project. My son AJ and two of the 5th grade classes got to see what it's like to run a business. Pay employees, supplier invoices, etc. Man we had a blast. Their goal was to raise $19.00 to repay a 'loan' from the bank. We raised $31.00 for our 'foundation.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

UPS overload. View from my dock looking into the abyss. Sign here please.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Ok-time to vent so bear with me. I was hit from behind last week while at a light. Damage to my car around $1900.00. The gentleman who hit me had insurance and all is well in that respect. So..I go to pick up the rental and everything was fine at that point as well. Then I look at my bank statement and Enterp()(&se rent-a-car charged my bank acount $50.00. I wasn't even told about it. Fifty dollars might not seem like much but on my budget it hurts being right now in my life I'm paycheck to paycheck. :(

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
imported post

DId you get injured in the accident? Was insurance covering you to get a rental car?

I know the paycheque-to-paycheque thing all too well. I don't have flex if something unexpected comes up. $50 is a couple of ebay watches for you. LOL.

Is that $50 a hold charge that will be reversed when you return the car?

It sounds very unfortunate my friend.

Bless you kind sir.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Ok-found out the $50.00 was to cover insurance on the rent car. I told them I have comprehensive on my personal vehicle so I took them the verification for proof. According to them the money will be refunded after the thing is settled. I wasn't hurt thank God. It was just one of those "gotcha" moments that kinda pissed me off. Now..back to Ebay.:whatever:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
imported post

kevco wrote:
Ok-found out the $50.00 was to cover insurance on the rent car. I told them I have comprehensive on my personal vehicle so I took them the verification for proof. According to them the money will be refunded after the thing is settled. I wasn't hurt thank God. It was just one of those "gotcha" moments that kinda pissed me off. Now..back to Ebay.:whatever:
Right on. Glad to hear it worked out and that it wouldn't crimp your Ebay browsing. LOL

Great news.

201 - 220 of 241 Posts