886 Posts
imported post

Ok here goes.
Name-Kevin Copeland
City-Tulsa OK
Age-just turned 49
Number of chilens-2 boys 10 & 16.
Number of watches-50 something.

Guess I picked a very unique day to start this. At lunch I crossed over a set of train tracks that are rough and knocked something loose on the front end of my car. Sounds like a dust plate rubbing up against the rotor. Hope thats all it is. Then my supervisor asked me to issue a $790.00 credit to someone who returned some items that were purchased almost 2 years ago. Hard not to let my emotions/ego run full tilt. I'll get over it. Just hacks me off. Thanks for listening to my gripes. I have a LOT of positive things going on and can't wait to share with all the FREEKS.
:wf

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Looking forward to reading your blog, positive or negative.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Bummer about your car, I also hope it is something minor. Don't you just hate giving money away like that even if it isn't your own. LOL

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Well the noise on the car went away. As far as work...I'll just say I'm at home now and that's good. Just one of those full moon kind of days.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Got to work this morning. Hmmm that noise in the front end of my car turned into a flat tire I discovered as I pulled into the parking lot.I am the flat tire KING. Seems I have at least 3-4 per year. Roads in Tulsa are always being worked onand they are in the worst shape I can remember. Been here since 1968. Out to the trunk to get the doughnut spare put on and to the tire store.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

That sucks, Kevin! :(

Good luck with the tire change and I hope you found what (if anything) on your car that may have caused it!

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Had to buy a new tire-sidewall was trashed. There goes the extra $75.00 I had this week. Oh well, beats a car payment. Rec'd. a Helbros watch that I paid about $14.00 for off of ebay. BNIB. Came from upstate NewYork.Had belonged to a school teacher who retired in 1985. Even had a hand written note where he indicated it was never worn or even set. I really feel honored somewhat when I get presentation watches. Feels like I have a piece of someones history. This one looks like it just came from a display case from a dept store.

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

I believe Helbros is an Older German brand. Very solid. They are simular to Gruen, Wyler,Benrus etc. as far as quality. Here are some photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

Up at 7:00am. Meditation, church w/the boys. Home at 12:30. Lunch, then Sunday nap from 2:00 to 5:30. I know, I know long nap. Kind of an emotional roller coaster this last week. Still getting used to being the divorced father but it's all part of the Man's plan.:wf

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

At church yesterday I had a conversation with a gentleman named Paul. Paul has a 16 year old son named Matt. Matt is autistic but a really fine kid. I have been wanting to check w/Paul to see if it was ok to give Matt a watch. Finally yesterday I asked Paul what kind of watch Matt might like. He indicated probably a digital piece of some sort. I have seen Matt w/a digital on his wrist so that's kinda what I figured. After we clarified that, Paul said he would like to give me an Eddie Bauer edition chronograph that he bought but deemed too big for himself. It's nice to be able to share our hobby with others isn't it?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

That's a great story, Kevin! You have a willingness to gift a watch, and you get one in return! :c

Thanks for posting pics of the Helbros. Here's what's passed through my hands over the years . . .

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

kevco wrote:
At church yesterday I had a conversation with a gentleman named Paul. Paul has a 16 year old son named Matt. Matt is autistic but a really fine kid. I have been wanting to check w/Paul to see if it was ok to give Matt a watch. Finally yesterday I asked Paul what kind of watch Matt might like. He indicated probably a digital piece of some sort. I have seen Matt w/a digital on his wrist so that's kinda what I figured. After we clarified that, Paul said he would like to give me an Eddie Bauer edition chronograph that he bought but deemed too big for himself. It's nice to be able to share our hobby with others isn't it?
Kev, that is soo true.. :)

If you think about it, whether it's a hobby and/orideas, each of us are givenopportunities, each dayto share our passions with others.

To your point, yesterday during my nephews birthday party, I was wearing my All Lume Pro Diver Auto, I needed to take it off while I was romping around the inflatable obstacle course. My wife had it on her wrist and many other parents both men & women, began to inquire about it. During this time, my father in-law, came up and began to show off the pro diver that I gave him for Christmas.Long story short...

There are more of us (watchfreeks) out there than we realize.. :b

Nice story. :)

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

There are some nice looking vintage pieces. Some of them look like they seen some major wrist time. That is very nice of Paul for gifting you. Most people are watch freeks, they just don't know it yet...LOL

1 - 20 of 241 Posts