Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've actually had this little Citizen diver for about a year, and it quickly became one of my favorites over several others much more well known. Bought it off Craigslist for $40. I had it on a NATO, but then got this waffle band and when I put it on, I noticed the plastic sticker was still on the case back! That intrigued me so I googled the model # and came up with almost nothing. It looks like it was never imported to the US, but couldn't find any reviews for it anywhere. I found two for sale on Ebay, both in Japan, with a price over $300! Anyone know what I have here and how much it may be worth? It looks about SKX013 sized. Model # is 4-S043093.

Great visibility, lume and build quality. Any info someone might have would be appreciated.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am not a great fan of the Citizen aesthetics, although there isn't much wrong with the watches. That said, I have a Citizen radio controlled model. Yours is very nice though, probably because it looks more like a Seiko. Did a search on eBay UK, and the only ones available are from other countries

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've actually had this little Citizen diver for about a year, and it quickly became one of my favorites over several others much more well known. Bought it off Craigslist for $40. I had it on a NATO, but then got this waffle band and when I put it on, I noticed the plastic sticker was still on the case back! That intrigued me so I googled the model # and came up with almost nothing. It looks like it was never imported to the US, but couldn't find any reviews for it anywhere. I found two for sale on Ebay, both in Japan, with a price over $300! Anyone know what I have here and how much it may be worth? It looks about SKX013 sized. Model # is 4-S043093.

Great visibility, lume and build quality. Any info someone might have would be appreciated. View attachment 129685 View attachment 129686
I'm a huge fan of dive watches and that's a great looking Citizen you have. Most of my Citizen's are Eco-Drive. How's the accuracy on your automatic?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a huge fan of dive watches and that's a great looking Citizen you have. Most of my Citizen's are Eco-Drive. How's the accuracy on your automatic?
It seems fine, although I don’t have a timer or anything to put it on. Keeps time as well as my seiko 7002s, and has a bout a two day power reserve I would guess. And it hacks and hand winds. I really liked the look of it when I saw the ad for it on craigslist, and liked it even more in person. Big chunky hands, lots of lime, and the pip on the bezel is even lumed. Just a bit smaller than an SKX. Like I said, it’s one of my favorites now. Nice fit on my 7 1/2 inch wrist.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the little I’ve found out about this particular model from the two posts on eBay, I’m thinking I got a screaming good deal on it. It’s a keeper for sure.

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Very nice, and of course very cool Spikus ! 😎😀 Was just searching
for you, and saw a neat Promaster Diver that has the # NY2300-09E.
Honestly looks like they are hard to find in stock anywhere that's for
sure. With the watch giving you a nice automatic movement, 200m
WR, and just a terrific classic feel.

That waffle strap is perfect too, and makes the watch stand out also ! (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts