Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been very busy lately. Just purchased my first town home just North of Hamilton in a new sub division. Real nice Town Home. Just finished my inapectioj today. House is only 7 years old. Need some work and need to build a fence since the original owner never built one. Looking forward to taking possession. No watches for me any time soon. Totally forgot about my Steinhart. Now that I think about it, that wait is killing me.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I have been a real estate broker for over 40 years and you just made my day
Not because most agents think (commissions)... I'm glad because you are starting on the road to prosperity
don't waver.. don't think of your equity or how much the vale of it grows or declines.. time takes care of that

Here's a fact. I have bought more homes in my life than cars
I'm 70+11 months...

I'm retired and can so whatever i want now. I never spent a dime of equity - have it today, compounding and given me a nice income.

congratulations, and just a thought. Its not easy. stay on point and look to the future
Trade up if you must but don't borrow on you house ever.... to buy a car or well, watches

best of luck

·
4,210 Posts
Home ownership may (or not be) all it's cracked up to be
Owned 3 different homes which (to use a forum expression
"flipped") for considerable profit.
Last home I sold at an approximate $12,000.00 loss. Small
city the house was located in became strapped for funds. So
they began (and continued to) let the city services deteriorate.
Their BAD. Keeping it until the home had lost $12K? MY BAD!!!

Children (5) convinced wife and I to relocate (white flight?) Now
renting from youngest son. Rant over.

Lou Snutt

·
Long Time Member
3,087 Posts
Hey Gino, well done! Markets here in Canada are different than south of the border. If you are ever able, put down extra $ when you can. Over time, this makes a tremendous difference! Even very small amounts. The banks do a different kind of math than the rest of the world!!
It's the best debt you'll ever have.
Owning is a good feeling.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congratulations, owning your own house is a big deal I tell you.
Its a great feeling knowing you are not a tenant.
I grew up in my father's own house and I got to see the benefits/advantages of it over time.
Wise choice.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I know location plays a huge part. I live in So. Cali
We have booms and busts, just hang in there..

I did however pay a double pay,net every Jan. Takes the 30 year loan down to 21
And any extra you toss in later reduces it too. Like a savings account, you really pay it off fast. 15 years was my time and it never felt a hardship.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.