Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had my eye on this one for awhile and it's finally on its way. The U-Boat U42 GMT limited edition. Tried to trick myself into liking 40mm watches, but my heart didn't go for it:p

Comes on a killer custom strap from Prime straps.

Thanks Jeremy!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Full of bada$$ery!

Love my U-Boat although it is only 43mm. Perfect for my 6.75" wrist.

I love this style and color combo on the dial. I wish I could pull this one off. Congrats!:smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Full of bada$$ery!

Love my U-Boat although it is only 43mm. Perfect for my 6.75" wrist.

I love this style and color combo on the dial. I wish I could pull this one off. Congrats!:smile-thumb2:
Thanks. I'm kind of obsessed with their u42 line. I was on a Rolex kick for awhile, and as nice as Rolex watches are, there was just something lacking. I like my watches to have personality and I think that was what was missing from the Rolex watches I tried(sub, sea dweller, explorer) Iconic no doubt, but missing that personality, that uniqueness I desire a watch to have. I even gave the Pelagos another try. U-Boat watches aren't for everyone that's for sure, but there is something about the U42 line that just apeals to me.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
U-Boat's watches are just killer, and their straps make me salivate!

I've been infatuated with the bronze Chimera for a very long time. Someday ...

Very jealous of you!!!!!

You've GOT to post lots of pics when that gem arrives!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
U-Boat's watches are just killer, and their straps make me salivate!

I've been infatuated with the bronze Chimera for a very long time. Someday ...

Very jealous of you!!!!!

You've GOT to post lots of pics when that gem arrives!
Oh, I will post a ton my friend. The Chimera is amazing. That's been on my list as well. The U42 "Arnie" is also on my list, but too much $$$$$ for me though.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ahhh! Another watch to fall in love with and great packaging to boot!

Reactions: great_mazinger

·
3,979 Posts
Mazinger:
How baaad. I betcha you're tha 1st kid on yer block to have one.
U Boat sez "Buy me" checking account sez "Insufficient Funds".
Poo rolls downhill, whyI gotta live in tha valley?

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mazinger:
How baaad. I betcha you're tha 1st kid on yer block to have one.
U Boat sez "Buy me" checking account sez "Insufficient Funds".
Poo rolls downhill, whyI gotta live in tha valley?

Lou Snutt
Hahahaha. It's all about flipping and saving, flipping and saving and some more flipping. That's why I flip watches so much, so I can get to what I want. I've flipped so much that I haven't technically paid for a watch for over a year now.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hahahaha. It's all about flipping and saving, flipping and saving and some more flipping. That's why I flip watches so much, so I can get to what I want. I've flipped so much that I haven't technically paid for a watch for over a year now.
As a noob to watch collecting, I'm starting to realize that this is probably how I'm gonna fund my future purchases. Thanks for the tip, great_mazinger. :)

Reactions: great_mazinger

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As a noob to watch collecting, I'm starting to realize that this is probably how I'm gonna fund my future purchases. Thanks for the tip, great_mazinger. :)
It's honestly the best way to do it. It takes time and patience but you get to handle a ton of different watches to really see what's out there and if you do it right, you end up making profit along the way. I will never buy a brand new watch for the reason you lose so much $$$$ that way. There are really nice preowned watches that are as close to new condition that you can pick up at a savings.

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
Whoa, that is going to be something special GM !!! :clapping-hands-abov :smileyface_hand_cla Unbelievable ! Can't wait until you get it. Congratulations there ahead of time !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts