Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seikoitis has hit me big time, this will be the fourth Seiko I have purchased in 5 months.

I am so impressed with the Sumo and the 6R15 movement (running at +3) that I thought I would drop the hammer on this model. Kind of reminds me of a Rolex Explorer 1 or a Sinn 556a, only at a better sized case size (40mm) for my 8" wrist.

Was very tempted by the Rolex, but after doing a side by side with my 556 at a Rolex dealer, I came away unimpressed, or should I say, not that overwhelmed by the Explorer to pay 5 times the price for it. Besides no date window is a non-starter for me, need that date window. Ended up flipping the Sinn because the watch was just too small for my wrist, if it had been 40mm like the Sinn 856 I would have kept it. 856 got flipped too, didn't care for the color of the tegimented steel and the flat black dial, if the dial had been lacquered like the 556i, it might have made it less tool looking and made it a keeper.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES!

I love this model, and plan on getting one in the "not-too-horribly-distant-but-not-very-soon-either" future.

Congrats!
I know what you mean!

My wife video recorded me on her cell phone pledging that this will be my last watch purchase for 2015, before I got the green light.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Now with fingers crossed I am hoping the bracelet fits my 8" wrist, other Seiko's fit, and some have not, Shogun, Sarb035 and Grand Seiko didn't, Kinetics, and Sumo have.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I love the simplicity of that Seiko. Really nice!! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
These look so sharp it's not even funny Chazman ! :eek: ..Has such a perfect design, and everything is so clean, and simple. It's outstanding !!! The way each part of the watch works, and fits in with the next part of the watch is great. Love the number, and marker looks, and hand combination ! :smile-thumb:The size is awesome too ! ..Huge congrats here Chazman !!! Nice !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts