Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see... I get a watch stolen from me, I find three pieces for dirt cheap on eBay, I get my replacement Amphibia 470 in today, my awesome girlfriend gets my Seiko SKX009 out from servicing as a surprise for me, and how do I celebrate all of these? By buying another watch!

I've always liked the Baby Monster and found this one for a good priceat Jomashop, so I pulled the trigger on it. :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That will look good beside the Vostoks.

Congrats.
Thanks! The hell of it is that I wasn't even planning on buying another watch for a while! This Baby Monster will definitely be a welcome part to my collection, to be sure.

Reactions: zed073

·
Registered
489 Posts
I can see you putting this on a red NATO strap, or maybe even a red perlon. But knowing you and your penchant for shark mesh, you'll probably want to do that as well, which would certainly look good. Congrats!

Reactions: TheVostokGuy

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Beautiful!! Love the red bezel markers. Congrats on a really cool Seiko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheVostokGuy

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooh nice one VG !!! Love the look of these, along with accent colors on this model. :cool: :) Going to be mean ! :smile-thumb:
I've got a Black Monster that I love, but a lot of folks have said the Baby Monster is a big bigger. While I have a few smaller watches (My recently acquired Caravelle Deep-Sea and Seiko Sports 100 Quartz comes to mind), I do tend to gravitate towards the larger pieces. :) Regardless of the size, the watch is definitely a looker and I can't wait to get it on the wrist.

I can see you putting this on a red NATO strap, or maybe even a red perlon. But knowing you and your penchant for shark mesh, you'll probably want to do that as well, which would certainly look good. Congrats!
Actually, I was thinking of either the red nato, or a black bond nato. :) The sharkmesh would look killer on it too, so that might be an option as well.

Beautiful!! Love the red bezel markers. Congrats on a really cool Seiko
That was definitely one of the draws for me. :D The red just makes this piece pop nicely.

·
Super Moderator
10,675 Posts
I've got a Black Monster that I love, but a lot of folks have said the Baby Monster is a big bigger. While I have a few smaller watches (My recently acquired Caravelle Deep-Sea and Seiko Sports 100 Quartz comes to mind), I do tend to gravitate towards the larger pieces. :) Regardless of the size, the watch is definitely a looker and I can't wait to get it on the wrist.

Actually, I was thinking of either the red nato, or a black bond nato. :) The sharkmesh would look killer on it too, so that might be an option as well.

That was definitely one of the draws for me. :D The red just makes this piece pop nicely.

Didn't actually realize these were bigger than the regular Monsters Vostok. Thanks very much for the insight ! ..It's funny because they call it a Baby Monster right?! :smile: Pretty awesome to hear. You are going to really like it I think !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts